Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ogloco21
  1.    #1  
    For those of you who have a pre that you cant really use anymore because the "headset headphone" icon is always on I think I found a work around. There is a patch out there called "AutoSpeakerphone via Proximity Sensor Delayed" that will trick your phone into speakerphone mode automatically after 2 seconds as long as the phone isn't against your head.

I personally was about to throw my phone against the wall because the Headest icon always being on is horrible. Try getting a call at a baseball game or any other public place where all you can use is speakerphone and the front speaker wont work!!

Well if you apply the patch and then when you place a call you switch it to speakerphone and then put the phone to your head it will go into normal front speaker mode and then your phone works like normal. The only problem is if you take the phone away form your head after 2 seconds it goes into speakerphone mode. Im fine with that though.. good luck as I know I wasnt the only one with the headset always on issue..

If you really do have a headset on or bluetooth it wont affect their use...
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Are you referring to the "stuck in headset mode" problem? If so, the solution i found for my pre- was to physically remove my headset jack to find a bunch of dirt clogging the little connector, once cleaned out i never got the problem again.
  3.    #3  
    [QUOTE=Krab19;3040060]Are you referring to the "stuck in headset mode" problem? If so, the solution i found for my pre- was to physically remove my headset jack to find a bunch of dirt clogging the little connector, once cleaned out i never got the problem again.[/QUOTE

do you have a writeup on how to remove the jack? Im just excited I can use my phone again with the patch because I haven't been able to use it as a normal phone for about 3 months now..
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    do you have a writeup on how to remove the jack? Im just excited I can use my phone again with the patch because I haven't been able to use it as a normal phone for about 3 months now..
    The write up is not mine, but it is what i used to get to my headphone jack:

Palm Pre headphone jack repair

If you scroll all the way to the bottom and look at the picture of the headphone jack itself, you will see a green arrow. Where it is pointing to is where i had alot of dirt build up which had pushed the contact in the "on" position all the time, which had given me the problem. Cleaning it out worked like a charm, but this may not necessarily be the fix to your problem.
    all you have to do is puff some graphite powder into the jack and work a headset in and out of it a few times. It lubes the component that gets stuck and you are no longer in headset mode.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    all you have to do is puff some graphite powder into the jack and work a headset in and out of it a few times. It lubes the component that gets stuck and you are no longer in headset mode.
    I wish that solution still worked..