1.    #1  
    Just wanted an ask to a question that is probably obvious to some: Is the number to the right of the file size (in the app preview) the number of bytes in the app? I assume it is since it's so large. I just wanted verification since the units are not labeled.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanman23 View Post
    Just wanted an ask to a question that is probably obvious to some: Is the number to the right of the file size (in the app preview) the number of bytes in the app? I assume it is since it's so large. I just wanted verification since the units are not labeled.
    MB

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply sketch42. The reason I thought it was in bytes and not mb is because if it were in mb, then the apps would all be over a 1g in size. I don't know much about app development, but I think apps are usually a couple thousand mb at the very most. I've downloaded PC apps that are a couple of hundred kilobytes.
    Maybe you're talking about a different number then.

On my Pre it clearly signifies the size with an M.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Maybe you're talking about a different number then.

On my Pre it clearly signifies the size with an M.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6.    #6  
    Sorry about the miscommunication. The number to which I was referring to is on the precentral.net website (the desktop version). Clicking on an app in the app gallery to view a description of the app takes you to a separate page. You then scroll down to "Download Options" and you see this, in part (a random example):

Download Options
    Please Register or Login to download this file!
    Description
    Total downloads:
    Current Install Base:

Current Version:
    Size:
    Minimum OS:
    webOS 1.4.5

The number listed under "Size" is the number I am talking about. My contention is that this app is about 13mb (13 million bytes). What do you guys think?