1.    #1  
    So I have my contacts set to my Google mail not my Palm profile, is that good or bad?
    Is there a way both can save them for me so when I switch phones it won't be a problem uploading them?
    Also any new number I add goes to Google but any numer that was ported over from my old phone is on the Palm profile, why is that?

Thanks
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I have all my contacts either Google or Exchange server.

Whatever smart phone you may choose later, Google should transfer.

I would not depend on Palm contacts at all.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    If you have your contacts set to Google/gmail, when you get your next phone, you set it up with your gmail account, and all your contacts come across as a part of the sync process.
  4.    #4  
    Another question.
    Any new contact I add to the phone syncs with Gmail but any that were on the phone before I had a Gmail account don't. Is there a way to sync them all?

anything already on your phone is probably in your palm profile - which is pretty useless. If there aren't very many, it's easiest to type them in to google directly. Synergy will recognize them and combine them with what you have so you won't see duplicates.
  6.    #6  
    What if I have a lot?

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I wish there were a simple way to change, for example, a palm profile contact to some other contact, but I don't know of any way to do it.

Typing them into Google is the best way I know. Then delete the Palm ones if you want.

Suggest you go to your Google account on a computer. It is a lot easier and quicker to type in contacts with a standard keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    What if I have a lot?
    there is a patch in preware that will dump all of your contacts to a .csv file and email it to you. You could open that in excel and sort out the contacts you need, save them as a .csv file and upload them to google from your PC. The would then sync to your phone.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I just use google for everything...it syncs automatically when you login, regardless of replacing your phone...as a bonus, you'll get them all back if you go to android too.
    How to: Export your webOS contacts to CSV | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

Do that, takes 5 seconds. You don't have to type a single contact into Google. Google has a Find & Merge duplicate contacts tool as well if there's duplicates.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  11.    #11  
    Got it, thanks!
    Should be a post that explains it, I had to show the hidden files on my computer.

Btw, If you're using WebOS 2.1.x, I have noticed that custom contact pictures are automatically downsized to Google's resolution (this is with the Block google pic patch), and the only way around it is to make a palm profile contact with your custom picture.
  13.    #13  
    Now that I have all my contacts on google too they are doubled in my phone.
    So now I have two of each contact, one for google and one for palm profile.
    Any easy way to merge?

14.    #14  
    Anyone?