1.    #1  
    My phone crashed for one of many reasons. We all know that they do happen from time to time. I had to do the battery pull to reboot. The phone reboots but after the power up cycle, the battery shows question mark. I can't do anything. Everything is still frozen. I have a total of 3 batteries. I tried changing the batteries and made sure they are reseated properly. But to no avail. My pre was working great. I just got my touchpad and was using Pre as hotspot. Now I am stuck with this crap. Please help.

Anyway to fix this? Any tricks?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    You need a visit to the doctor (webOS Doctor that is).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    If your modem firmware is corrupted, and the webOS Doctor fails, your phone will experience an unrecoverable error (yellow triangle of death).

The question mark is usually (also?) displayed when your modem firmware is being flashed.
    You could try this first: ModemFW Flash - WebOS Internals

You need command line access to your phone: Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

(no guarantee of course this will work)
    My phone boots up ok. It connects to wifi...i can see blink notification as well...however, i cannot unlock the screen once it is completely up. do you still think it is modem flash or just try the webos doctor? it seems like i will have to use webos doctor for the frozen device since i can't access the screen and the other functionality even though it boots up ok. Please let me know. thanks.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    My phone boots up ok. It connects to wifi...i can see blink notification as well...however, i cannot unlock the screen once it is completely up. do you still think it is modem flash or just try the webos doctor? it seems like i will have to use webos doctor for the frozen device since i can't access the screen and the other functionality even though it boots up ok. Please let me know. thanks.
    I see usb drive or just charge...option...but i can't select since the screen is frozen...it seems webos doctor is the only option? Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    Put the phone in recovery mode...applied webos doctor and now my phone is up and working...Thanks all. A lot of time wasted...but happy to get my orig palm pre back..Now waste another few hours to get my patches and home brew apps...