1.    #1  
    I'm on my original pre, hackedup, and overclocked at 1ghz screen state, with a 2500 mah amzer extended battery, and using a touchstone charger. Battery is at 90 percent health according to dr. Battery. I usually leave my data off unless ineed to use it,which saves me lots of battery, same with other entenas besides phone. But if the battery is about 60 percent charged, and the data is on, the phone will die in a matter of minutes. I think I've noticed this happening for the past month or two...and it makes me angry lol. Any ideas about what the problem is?
    Sounds like a broken battery to me if your phone is dying in "minutes"
    If you didn't calibrate then you don't know if you really have 90%.
    It sound to me that your battery is near it's end.
    How old is it?
  4.    #4  
    Maybe a year old?
    batteries get replaced around their first birthdate.
    I would definitely calibrate it in Dr. Battery first and then check again. This happened to me recently and my battery was at about 60% of its original capacity. This may sound like the end of the world, but it's not. I bought an OEM battery for $3 (inc. free shipping) on Ebay and now I'm back to getting a full day's worth of moderate use. Woop!
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Maybe a year old?
    I had what you describe after 8 month. The reason to develop dr.battery.
    Calibrate -> post results here -> buy a new battery.
    I tried to calibrate, but it stopped with only 2% charged. Any clue as to the reason for this?
    mine once had a battery or software glitch to where I was losing 1% a minute. I removed the battery and restarted and all was good again.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  10.    #10  
    Calibrating now. Had to wind the battery down with a grave yard shift of podcasts first, with data off or else it wouldnt have lasted.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    I tried to calibrate, but it stopped with only 2% charged. Any clue as to the reason for this?
    For some reasons for some it's a challenge to calibrate.
    I tried to make it as stable as possible.
    Try this: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...ml#post3023296
    I was using Dr. Battery when it had the error in calibrating. For some reason, it just didn't like something.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    I was using Dr. Battery when it had the error in calibrating. For some reason, it just didn't like something.
    Yes I know. Sorry the link actually is pointing to some tips. Precentral shortens such link so you don't see it's actually pointing to a specific post.
    OK you allredy did:
    Battery pull (after shutdown)
    Original wall charger
    Airplane mode while calib
    maybe a new one: set screen brightnes to lowest
    don't run any other task (set mail, facebook,twitter) to manual

I will never understand why this never happends to me.
    I just completed the calibration and the battery health is down to 79%.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    yeah I'm on the screw having a big fat phone way of life.
    I'd rather have a backup standard sized battery than one giant one.

With that said just get on amazon.com and you can get new oem pre batteries for around $5-10 dollars. I have 6 batteries. the extras are stored in random places. One in each car, one in my backpack, one at the office, one in the phone, one in the house. That way basically I'll always have a backup if it comes to it.
    Not that I need them anymore because I ditched palm in favor of an EVO 3d(which I love)
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcstunr View Post
    Not that I need them anymore because I ditched palm in favor of an EVO 3d(which I love)
    Then you can send me the extra batteries I have a third battery on the way from Amazon now. Unfortunately, my first battery is at 60% health and the second is at 79%.
  17.    #17  
    Had a difficult time getting the battery low enough to calibrate without it dying on me, but that battery turned out to be at 50% healh. Ive got a bigger one i can probably use till my sprint contract is up, but i cant use the touch stone with that one now
    My battery started dropping to 0% when it got down to about 50% or lower. Just went from 50% to 0% all of a sudden out of nowhere. I switched my Pre battery with my old Centro battery and it hasnt done it since. So my guess is that when something like your situation happens, you should look into buying a new battery.
    You all probably know: A battery with 50 percent is dead. Calibration ends at 50. Your battery might have even less than 50.
    BTW: where is the percent sign on german qwertz keyboard on my new Veer?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Thank you all - this was very helpful. I've been trying to figure out why my previously healthy phone turns into a black screen brick pre, even though it sits on the touchstone and says it's charging. Plus it keeps beeping and beeping and beeping at me to say it isn't quite charging, when it should be. I did a health check and it says it's at 49%.

New Pre plus batteries now $2.99 with free shipping on ebay! One of the advantages of having an end-of-life phone. But I don't want to give it up to lose the free hotspot.

Although those iphones and androids were looking good. . . Gosh I wish Verizon had either the veer or the pre 3 now.