1.    #1  
    In the past few days, my Pre- has been having issues with apps not being able to access the Sprint data network, even though it is showing full 3g service. It has been affecting email, facebook, foursquare, google maps and any other data app other than the web browser. Has anyone ever experienced this type of issue before? Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thanks in advance.
    I keep having issues using google from universal search. Don't know what's going on, I get an unable to resolve host messege.
    I'm going through the same thing. I think it's just SPRINTs network
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    I'm going through the same thing. I think it's just SPRINTs network
    If that is the case, it is another reason to leave if they don't get the Pre3.
    It's only certain sites though. Google, and maybe 8 others, even on my mac usng MHS or Free Tether.
    interesting, I thought the "unable to resolve host" issue was due to my just franken pre plusing phone, maybe I didn't screw up the switching! Maybe
  7.    #7  
    Apparently, the issue I am having is with apps needing data passthrough, such as email, facebook, etc. Sprint walked me though and reset the network connections, with no luck. Is there any other trick to try besides doctoring the phone?
    I would say give it a few days. Ive experienced similar things w/ my phone and just certain aspects of service which were simply just not working right for a few days, then worked fine. I thought it was related to my phone, but it was just sprint bein messed up for a couple days...
    naaaaa, for a PRE 3 it is not worth it. I love my pre but ANDROID on the newer bigger phones is too awesome. I would have it already but I hate the TOUCHSCREEN only option. I got a whole list of friends from school, work, clubs, etc.. And I'm a heavy texter so I average more than 10,000 texts per month so the PRE 3 would suit me well. I love SPRINTS network though. I never have a dropped call or late texts. I did yesterday because a huge storm swept all of chicago yesterday so the sprint towers got shaky but it's fine now as usual. The EPIC has a keyboard but I hate it sideways. If pre 3 not to sprint, then I will go ahead and get an Android, lol. Hands down android is more powerful, I've seen it and compared it to pre 2, not even close. Pre 3 is the true competition to the Android so I'm waiting for it. If it doesn't come to sprint I'll try the Epic 2 maybe wen it comes out. I just love the physical keyboard on a phone and that's why I love my pre right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    If that is the case, it is another reason to leave if they don't get the Pre3.