1.    #1  
    Howdy y'all! I apologize ahead of time if this issue has been covered elsewhere, but I have not been able to find anything that solves my problem.

Anyways, here's the situation.

A couple days ago my Palm Pre Plus dropped out of my hand and landed just the right way to crack my screen. It also seems to have "broken"/"disabled" the touchscreen process, the keyboard and the gesture bar as well. I immediately disassembled my phone and figured that it just seemed to be the screen/digitizer that was broke which in turn made the rest of the phone not work. I thus purchased a new screen/digitizer and finally JUST installed it. However, after turning it on, the touchscreen, the gesture bar AND the keyboard continue to not work. The gesture bar light also is not on.

At this point I'm at a loss for what could be wrong. The connectors seem to be plugged in correctly and there doesn't seem to be anything loose or broke. So does anyone know what I can do to fix it? I am willing to accept any solution necessary. That is to say, I'm not afraid to open up my Palm Pre Plus and fiddle with the parts (well obviously), nor am I against having to purchase new parts for the phone in order to get it to work... even if it means buying a new physical phone and just swapping out the memory drive.

I personally think the accident may have short circuited something, but I didn't smell anything burnt. Or perhaps the fall jostled something loose, which would affect the ability to interact with the phone. The On/Off button DOES work perfectly fine, however, as does the silence-ringer switch, so I know that there is still a good connection from the bottom-half of the phone to the screen. Furthermore, the keyboard is receiving power, as the key lights are on.

But whatever the case may be, I appreciate any and all help you guys can give me to help me solve this problem. I LOVE my Palm Pre Plus and I don't want to have to not use it anymore!! :'(

EDIT:

Daggumit, I just noticed that the cord that links the digitizer to the motherboard has a crease in it which may affect it's functioning. I don't have a way to take a picture of it (yet), but I suspect that's why the touchscreen doesn't work.

Actually, here's a quick drawing of it:
    http://www.nick15.com/images3/palmpr...badcircuit.jpg

I don't think it would have THAT much of an effect on the touchscreen, but I'll let you tell me.

EDIT 2:

This just popped into my head... Is my Pre simply bricked? Should i just try to webOS Doctor it?
    Last edited by nick15; 07/09/2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: added another thing
  2.    #2  
    Now I'm not sure if the keyboard is broke or not. While, on one hand, the autotyping function of webOS doesn't work (that is to say, nothing appears on screen when I start typing), I still was able to use the Option-Sym-U function to force active USB mode. That tells me that the keyboard IS at least working in some way. I'm going to take some screenshots to see if the keyboard really IS working (and that the forced USB mode wasn't just a fluke), and then try webOS Doctoring it.

If anyone else has any ideas of what the problem could be, I'm all ears...
    dude, why suffer with a phone like that when you can get one from ebay for less than $60 bucks or so? My old pre was broken too so I went ahead and got onr for only $50 bucks almost brand new. Did you try ebay dude?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    dude, why suffer with a phone like that when you can get one from ebay for less than $60 bucks or so? My old pre was broken too so I went ahead and got onr for only $50 bucks almost brand new. Did you try ebay dude?
    Because my phone is no longer under warranty, so I can't get it replaced for free. Furthermore, money is a bit short, so if I can fix it for free, that would be awesome.

In any case, I may just have to purchase a new used one eBay if I can't repair it myself, seeing that paying someone to repair my phone may cost just as much (if not more) than simply getting a new used Pre Plus. Still, it doesn't mean I don't want to get this phone fixed... AND a solution here could prove useful for someone else who has this problem later on down the road.