1.    #1  
    It's been over two weeks now since I upgraded my Sprint Pre from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0. So here is a little insight on what I am currently experiencing and maybe I can get some help from you guys.

- Facebook says it is synchronizing, however it's not. It will not load my FB contact or any phone numbers related to my FB profile.

- App installation always fails. I've tried numerous apps to install from the Apps Catalog and every one of them has failed. After each download I am prompted for a restart as well.

- Also something else I just realized is that it's showing Preware as being installed but it's not technically on my phone. This one is a mystery to me.

- Extreme lag. I am not sure if this has to do with me not overclocking this phone right now, but sometimes it can get very laggy. So much so that I basically just leave the phone alone for 1-2 minutes while it tries to perform a simple task such as opening my email.

- No screen response. Every now and again the phone has an issue waking up. I can open the slider, press buttons and get zero response from the phone. I notice this more when it's plugged into the wall charger.

Anyone else experiencing these issues and/or have a solution for any of them?
    Last edited by Hybrid AWD; 07/06/2011 at 06:01 AM.
    Most of the lag is likely from not overclocking and not tweaking your swap settings for the Original Pre.

My OP with 2.1 will lag and sputter when used on the touchstone. It's running @ 500mhz on the touchstone and it shows. In my hand @1ghz it's nice and smooth.

There is a great thread about 'clearing the swap' for the OP that actually has a ton of other info about tweaking performance.

I don't have trouble with the app catalog other than HP was blocking webOS 2.x apps for phones that weren't Pre3/Veer for a few weeks.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
    Most of the lag is likely from not overclocking and not tweaking your swap settings for the Original Pre.

My OP with 2.1 will lag and sputter when used on the touchstone. It's running @ 500mhz on the touchstone and it shows. In my hand @1ghz it's nice and smooth.

There is a great thread about 'clearing the swap' for the OP that actually has a ton of other info about tweaking performance.

I don't have trouble with the app catalog other than HP was blocking webOS 2.x apps for phones that weren't Pre3/Veer for a few weeks.
    Oh I guess I need to dig around. I may need to doctor this phone because I really can't figure out why Preware is still showing when it's not showing as installed on my phone. 2.1.0 has been somewhat of a bear to get right on my end for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post

Not entirely true. I had mine clocked to 1.1 with F104A and had tried numerous CC settings(over the course of a couple of months) and well....I'm back with 1.4.5, as are a lot of other people. Some phones may be better than others but in my experience, it didn't work for me in the long run. It was new and good at first but as time wore on, it seemed to get worse.

Running @500 wasn't even an option, and still isn't with 1.4.5.

I won't be seeing 2.x again until I either find a Pre2 or a Pre3.

--I just saw that thread you mentioned....wish that one was around when I still had 2.1.0 but I'm pretty sure I had already gone back to 1.4.5 at that time. Seems to be worth checking out OP. Start on page 20-21 Post #419.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    yea 2.1 on pre- is too laggy
    Hmm...I'm considering upgrading my Pre+ to 2.x., but this thread makes me hesitate. Have you considered Plussing it?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I am having the unresponsive/waking up problem. Anyone have a fix? Should i go back to 1.4.5 or just cash in my upgrade and give up on having a WebOS phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayHollister View Post
    Hmm...I'm considering upgrading my Pre+ to 2.x., but this thread makes me hesitate. Have you considered Plussing it?
    I moved from 1.4.5 on Pre- to 2.1 on a Pre+, and I think it was a performance improvement. 2.x has enough improvements that I'd say it would be worth upgrading a Pre+. I wasn't about to put 2.x on my old Pre-, though.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    when i first updated my pre- to 2.1 i was loving it. it worked great once overclocked and i loved the new features. Slowly it started to hesitate more and lag. Now its borderline unusable. I am going to get a Motorola Photon in 20 min when i get out of work.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    After upgrading to 2.1 everything was great. Never had a problem with the OS. Yesterday I put the phone in Airplane Mode and switched it back. Now if Data is turned on the EV istays on and the phone eventually freezes. If Data Usage is off everything works fine. May have to reimage.