Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By satterwc
  1.    #1  
    I just finished with all of my data synch, preware patches, etc on my new Sprint Pre 2 device. Thanks to WebOS Internals for the tutorials! This kicks ***!

The down side... I screwed up my down volume and need to figure out how to reattach the contact button. I tried with scotch tape, but its too thick and leaves the button always depressed. (no, its not sad ) Perhaps a tiny amount of rtv silicon?
    Downtime500 and xberserker like this.
    i keep saying im going to do this...just afraid of what wont function properly afterwards
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    me too, congrats, I'm jealous :/
    Congrats! I did mine too and love it!
    Congrats! I hope you have many happy months with your new Sprint Pre 2.

The only downside I've heard is that GPS no longer works, is this true?
    Quote Originally Posted by satterwc View Post
    I just finished with all of my data synch, preware patches, etc on my new Sprint Pre 2 device. Thanks to WebOS Internals for the tutorials! This kicks ***!

The down side... I screwed up my down volume and need to figure out how to reattach the contact button. I tried with scotch tape, but its too thick and leaves the button always depressed. (no, its not sad ) Perhaps a tiny amount of rtv silicon?

Congrats, I've had mine for about 4 months & it's great. I don't think I could have dealt with the Pre - if the Franken Pre 2 wasn't an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtime500 View Post
    Congrats! I hope you have many happy months with your new Sprint Pre 2.

The only downside I've heard is that GPS no longer works, is this true?

The GPS works fine, i.e using Google maps, foursqaure, FB places, etc. I think what you may be referring to is that Sprint Nav is missing, as is all the native Sprint Apps. There is a way to get them, but it involves getting a hold of a leaked Sprint 2.X doctor. There was a thread here that talked about how to install it; however, don't expect any one to provide any links or files with the leaked doctor.
    The only downside I've heard is that
    GPS no longer works, is this true?[/QUOTE]

Sprint Gps is rocking on mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    The GPS works fine, i.e using Google maps, foursqaure, FB places, etc. I think what you may be referring to is that Sprint Nav is missing, as is all the native Sprint Apps. There is a way to get them, but it involves getting a hold of a leaked Sprint 2.X doctor. There was a thread here that talked about how to install it; however, don't expect any one to provide any links or files with the leaked doctor.
    Ahh, that sounds right about Sprint Nav and other Sprint apps missing now that you mention it.

Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    i keep saying im going to do this...just afraid of what wont function properly afterwards
    Same here ... but my launch day Pre is showing it's age a little as far as responsiveness goes. But this would allow you go "upgrade" your phone and yet not pay the extra $10 a month Sprint now requires for new smart phones right?

Just curious did you upgrade from a unlocked GSM Pre 2 or a Verizon Pre 2?
    Last edited by xberserker; 07/07/2011 at 12:30 PM.
  10.    #10  
    I also updated to the F104A Starfighter kernel and it is rockin great at 1.1GHz. The best thing is enabling screenstate3 300/1100 has MAJORLY helped my battery life based upon my usage patterns. ymmv.
    I also updated to the F104A Starfighter kernel and it is rockin great at 1.1GHz. The best thing is enabling screenstate3 300/1100 has MAJORLY helped my battery life based upon my usage patterns. ymmv.
    Does 1.1 run much faster than stock?