1.    #1  
    Bought what I thought was a new at&t palm pre plus on craigslist. I put in 3 different sim cards & I keep getting the check sim-sos only screen after the Palm pulsating logo.
    I was able to use the webos Dr 3 times & says it has been completed each time, but it's the same story when it is turned back on.
    Any ideas what could be going on. Should I try to bring it to at&t to see if they can set it up.

I tried a new non activated sim & 2 current at&t smartphone sim cards.

Looks like I may have trusted the mother & daughter on craigslist a little too much.
    Actually, I bought both a Pre Plus on craiglist brand new and pixi from online retailer. I am having the same problem. Please help. I tried my sim in my Treo 750 and it works fine. when I transfer it to either the Pixi or Pre I get the check sim - sos only message.
    stageworks@usa.net
    did you call at&t for activation instructions? I cant help u with at&t but verizon has to put the serial number in the system the first time i activate. Then i can switch back and forth with my other phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you call at&t for activation instructions? I cant help u with at&t but verizon has to put the serial number in the system the first time i activate. Then i can switch back and forth with my other phones.

I am AT&T and the frustrating part is it did work for a few days then started with the Check Sim SOS message.

The sim had been working in my treo 750 for years.. I actually went to at&t and just got a new sim card to make sure it was not the problem.

Any other suggestions?
    stageworks@usa.net