1.    #1  
    This morning I awoke to my fully charged pre. A few hours later my battery ran out (it's at maybe 40% capacity so that happens.) The problem is, now when I go to charge my phone it displays the red lighting battery for about three minutes, then goes to the image of just a plug, then finally shuts down.

I have had that problem happen to me on a touchstone and charging through the side port.

Has anyone seen an issue like this or am I going to have to use my insurance or upgrade in order to still have a phone?
  2.    #2  
    After replugging a few times a charge finally seems to have stuck and the phone turned back on.

Phew
    If it showing you a picture of just a white plug, I believe that is showing that it is not detecting the battery. You may want to try cleaning the contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    If it showing you a picture of just a white plug, I believe that is showing that it is not detecting the battery. You may want to try cleaning the contacts.
    Nope!

Not that I am 100% sure but I think it needs to be plugged in to get 5% battery for it to turn on. Just plug it in with the battery icon showing and wait about 10 minutes. It will auto boot right up when its ready! This has happen to my Pre- a lot!

Hope this helps some!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!