View Poll Results: Have you seen this before (first 15 secs)?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have seen that

1 33.33%
  • No, how did you do that?

2 66.67%
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Anyone see anything like this on their Pre? sorry the vid is so long but the part I am curious about is only in the first 15 sec or so... Although when I Really restart it that screen last much longer 90sec or so, but I was just curious if anybody else sees the same screen when the boot up or restart their Pre's

Also no it doesn't have anything to do with the "Theme" b/c I have tried a couple diff themes and that is still there! What do you think? any thoughts?
    Thanks
    plcd22
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $this$ $is$ $the$ $normal$ $linux$ $boot$ $screen$ $you$ $get$ $from$ $some$ $homebrew$ $kernels$.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $this$ $is$ $the$ $normal$ $linux$ $boot$ $screen$ $you$ $get$ $from$ $some$ $homebrew$ $kernels$.
    Thanks, yeah I was seeing the linux boot screen but just wondered where it came from... it didn't ever do that before until I went to Canada on a trip (shut my phone OFF for a whole week and when back in the USA I started it up and that was the first time I ever saw that screen). makes sense to be from a homebrew kernel since I have a lot of homebrew stuff installed (patches, apps, theme, etc). thanks
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    interesting, I have thought some kernels do that every time. So you say it didn't do it "normally" but just in Canada?
    Sounds strange. I have read about it here in some thread(s). Don't remember where.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    yeah I never saw it till in canada after having it completly off for a week and then once close to the US border I started the "boot-up" and that was the first thing I saw, now it does it ever time, that was about a month ago? it is cool, I like it though :-) just different?
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I use uberkernal and govnah is there a way to have this reboot process shown?

I would like to see it since it gives a better idea of progress and its interesting

thanks
    Martin
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3