1.    #1  
    I've used preware and homebrew since I've had my phone for 2 years
    I stoped after the latest upgrade was not available for pre-. Then I saw everyone getting the frankenpre upgrades, but there were kinks at the time so I decided to wait until they were worked out to upgrade. I have a pre- on sprint, I'm not getting a new phone for the time being.

it's been some time now since 2.1
    can anyone give me a quick rundown of those kinks/glitches, if they were fixed, and if so direct me to where I can upgrade

thanks in advance
    The kinks are completely ironed out. Check it out in the webOS-internals wikipedia page. Its a snap. Basically run the script and you're done. Like butter.
    the new meta-scripts work well now. Voicedial & all. Just add UberKernel speed it up to at least screenstate 500/800. You will be pleased with 2.1. There aren't as many patches available because alt of the functionality has been built in to 2.1.
    and many webos 2.1 related bugs like google calendar synching and universal calendar search are also getting better by using patches:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ync-patch.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ar-search.html
    did they fix all the freezing and lag on text application with the new script?
    good thread...thanks. Pre- owner and desperate to do something.
    still no answer? Really??
  8.    #8  
    thanks, ill try it out

what text script bug?
    I think the post was refering about the delay in texting. There is a couple of second delay in sending a text message in 2.1. Because of it, I found myself hitting the send button twice, which brings up the attachment screen. I have also thought I sent texts and not actually sent them because of the delay. If you text alot it can be very annoying.

I actually switched back to 1.4.5 because of I bugged me so much. With the all the patches available, I haven't missed too much from 2.1 in going back. It is all a preference thing, I do find it frustrating that this hasn't been fixed as texting is an important part of phone use for many people.