Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello everyone. This is my first official thread and I just want to say that I love webOS!
    like the the title says, I came from the Moto Droid2. Its a great phone, but once I paid more attention to webOS, I knew I had to convert.

So far what I've done was update from 1.4 to 2.1 (stayed up til 5am fri night making sure I did it right). And now I just installed Preware and enjoying that.

Just waiting it out now, just like the rest of us, for the Pre3

I do need some help choosing good apps and helping my battery life for the phone (in about 8hrs, im down to about 30% life with little use).

Im glad to be a part of this community you will be seeing my posts more frequently
  2.    #2  
    oh and I forgot to mention...

i cannot remove the voicemail notification. says i have 2.
    i have search the forums and the only answer i read was to go to the phone app> vzw> prefs> and reset voicemail.
    that doesnt work for me because theres no option for resetting.
    I tried calling my voicemail and seeing if there was some reset there, but nope. is another way to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jalexmontes View Post
    oh and I forgot to mention...

i cannot remove the voicemail notification. says i have 2.
    i have search the forums and the only answer i read was to go to the phone app> vzw> prefs> and reset voicemail.
    that doesnt work for me because theres no option for resetting.
    I tried calling my voicemail and seeing if there was some reset there, but nope. is another way to fix this?
    If its a used pre plus.. And the 2 vm notifications aren't from your voicemail, than you need yo reset the phone..

Open the dialpad and type ##786#

Goto Reset phone..
    When it asks for the MSL type
    000000 (6 zero's)

The phone will wipe everything

Log back into your HP profile and your good to go.

If you can't log back in than you need to re-provision your phone by dialing *228 send

Oh... And Welcome to the Family!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hello everyone. This is my first official thread and I just want to say that I love webOS!
    like the the title says, I came from the Moto Droid2. Its a great phone, but once I paid more attention to webOS, I knew I had to convert.

So far what I've done was update from 1.4 to 2.1 (stayed up til 5am fri night making sure I did it right). And now I just installed Preware and enjoying that.

I do need some help choosing good apps and helping my battery life for the phone (in about 8hrs, im down to about 30% life with little use).

Im glad to be a part of this community you will be seeing my posts more frequently
    Welcome home! webOS is the best OS out there period and soon you will see why!
    Welcome! Lots of great help here, and webOS is an amazing platform!

That depends on the apps you need...

Also for battery help check out Mode Switcher

7.    #7  
    ok so i am doing the phone reset the way u described.
    I had to re-provision my phone. it wasnt working still so i restarted the phone.
    it made to the "sign in to my account page" but when i sign in it tells me to try again when i have service. i then tried dialing *228 again. nothing still.

help please
    ok so i am doing the phone reset the way u described.
    I had to re-provision my phone. it wasnt working still so i restarted the phone.
    it made to the "sign in to my account page" but when i sign in it tells me to try again when i have service. i then tried dialing *228 again. nothing still.

help please
    It says programming failed?? When you call *228?

9.    #9  
    no. program successful.
    i restarted the phone again. same thing.
    "sign in failed" screen still"
    "you need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in. when you are in a location with service, please try again"

that's as far as i can go.
    no. program successful.
    i restarted the phone again. same thing.
    "sign in failed" screen still"
    "you need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in. when you are in a location with service, please try again"

that's as far as i can go.
    Do you show 3G or EV? At the tip of the screen?

This happened to me once when I metadoctored.. I had signal phone calls , restarted and nothing..

If you don't have the 3G or EV icon than I believe you would doctor back to 1.4.5 program *228 than dr back to 2.1..

I'm double checking now.. So sit tight..

11.    #11  
    no 3G or EV. just the bars and the wifi icon.

i will be sitting tightly. watching the adjustment bureau in the meantime. clicking refresh every minute
    no 3G or EV. just the bars and the wifi icon.

i will be sitting tightly. watching the adjustment bureau in the meantime. clicking refresh every minute
    Ok.. Sorry about that..

Good news.. You DONT need to Redo the process to get the 2.1 dr (so long as you still have it)

Meh News... You need to dr back to 1.4.5 program phone and redoc to 2.1....

Sorry about all this.. This should hopefully be the last time you NEED to doc the phone till you sell it for a pre3 =D

13.    #13  
    haha oh well. well at least i know how to do it this time. so im glad im not gonna have to stay up til 5 again.

ummm where do i get the 1.4.5 file?
    haha oh well. well at least i know how to do it this time. so im glad im not gonna have to stay up til 5 again.

ummm where do i get the 1.4.5 file?
    http://en.m.webos-internals.org/wiki...edirected=true

Look for the verizon doctor for the pre plus.. You can use 1.4.5.x or just plain ol 1.4.5

15.    #15  
    so quick question, is it the same procedure to install 1.4.x as the 2.1?
    so quick question, is it the same procedure to install 1.4.x as the 2.1?
    Not sure I understand the question, but I'll attempt an answer =P

Download the 1.4.5 doc from the link above, than run said file, and follow instructions for when to connect phone.

As for 2.1

Just run the doc you made previously and follow instructions yada yada yada.. =P

17.    #17  
    Haha yea u answered it. Thanks for the help

Cant wait to see my screen without the vm notification!
    Haha yea u answered it. Thanks for the help

Cant wait to see my screen without the vm notification!
    Let me know how it goes..

19.    #19  
    Im stuck. I cant install 1.4.5
  20.    #20  
    Nvm. I got it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast