1.    #1  
    for the past two days I have bin trying to fix my little brothers palm pre-. he brought it to me with in the phone offline mode and he also erased his profile so the phone cant find a signal due to it being offline. I tried to fix it by using the Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide. I got to the point where you open a terminal in ubuntu and type in sudo -s (then password) but nothing happens. at one point yesterday I got past that and was actually at nano Makefile part and was editing the part about the BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1 and boom! the lights go out and my screen goes black!!! so today after sleeping off the anger and frustration. I go to get back in and fix it and now when I'm in the terminal after typing sudo -s (then password) noting happens it just drops to the next line and says "assword" so I'm here now asking for some help and guidance from the webOS community. please help
  2.    #2  
    this is what i get
    caco@nmms:~$ sudo -sPassword
    usage: sudo [-n] -h | -K | -k | -L | -V | -v
    usage: sudo -l[l] [-AnS] [-g groupname|#gid] [-U username] [-u username|#uid]
    [-g groupname|#gid] [command]
    usage: sudo [-AbEHnPS] [-C fd] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u
    username|#uid] [-g groupname|#gid] [VAR=value] [-i|-s] [<command>]
    usage: sudo -e [-AnS] [-C fd] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u
    username|#uid] file ...
    caco@nmms:~$ sudo -s
    [sudo] password for caco:
    Sorry, try again.
    Sorry, try again.
    Sorry, try again.
    sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts
    caco@nmms:~$ sudo -spassword
    assword
    Sorry, try again.
    assword
    Sorry, try again.
    assword
    Sorry, try again.
    caco@nmms:~$ sudo -s password
    Sorry, try again.
    Sorry, try again.
    Sorry, try again.
    caco@nmms:~$
  3.    #3  
    ok I might not have bin to clear. I was finally able to create a modded webosdoctor for the sprint pre 1.4.5 that would skip the first use app. one problem... its stuck in Vbox in Ubuntu 9.10 and I cant get it out!!!! I just need to get it into windows 7 and I will be able to run the webosdoctor and fix the phone!!.... I need to get the file to the gestOS folder but it dose not let me the folder has a lock on it. from what I understand I can share the file if i put it in that folder. im stuck here. I tried allot of things like log on in as the root profile in ubuntu but i don't see any folder when i log in as root... help please!!