Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    for some reason precentral.com FORUMS is not being mobile version right now. I remember there was an application for the forums and stuff so what's the name of it?
    precentral news
  3.    #3  
    no this is not it. I searched for it as precentral news and I don't see it on the PALM catalog
    You mean tapatalk 'forum'?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    it needs to be updated really
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  6.    #6  
    no, there's an application dealing with precentral forums and prob even news. For some reason the mobile version of precentral is not working on my phone right now so I wanted to get the application. Anybody know?
    There is the "Unnofficial PreCentral App" available through preware. Or you an get Forums through the App Catalog, which works quite well for PreCentral and nearly 20,000 other forums.

[edit]I believe the Unnofficial app includes access to the news articles, along with the forums, so if you're looking for both, you should probably give that a try.[/edit]

8.    #8  
    hmm I thought I used an official app before, weird
    precentral is acting up on my pre+ test-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 w/uber-kernel. It keeps going to the full site version. I'm using the unofficial precentral app.
    Precentral News by ScienceApps at Precentral News update 0.7.x & 0.8.x ScienceApps | HP webOS

Also ran into problems losing the app and not able to reinstall from App Catalog - your device not supported error. Ended up copying the App ID and using Impostah to get it back on my Pre- 2.1 meta update. Thanks webOS Internals. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I'm using a Pre on Sprint webOS 1.4.5

Had to Doctor it and this app was not restored. After a lot of searching I arrived at the page in the above link webOS 2.1 required and none of the legacy links yield anything that I could find.

I'm really bummed out. I used that app frequently. Nobody has it?
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    precentral is acting up on my pre+ test-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 w/uber-kernel. It keeps going to the full site version. I'm using the unofficial precentral app.
    It's doing the same thing on my Droid Incredible too. I load the "mobile" page, but when I click on a post, it takes me to the full site.

Hmmm..
  13.    #13  
    there was an app for precentral forums. I forgot the name of it and it was free. For sme reason precentral forums is not mobile anymore on my pre. I don't mind it, but the pres screen is too small for the whole website :/ so wheres the app? Anybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    there was an app for precentral forums. I forgot the name of it and it was free. For sme reason precentral forums is not mobile anymore on my pre. I don't mind it, but the pres screen is too small for the whole website :/ so wheres the app? Anybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Precentral News by ScienceApps at Precentral News update 0.7.x & 0.8.x ScienceApps | HP webOS
    Sorli...
    The only one I knew of was the same as mentioned by Sorli. On my Verizion Pre+ running WebOS 1.4.5.1 it is listed as: Precentral News (unofficial) v0.7.5
    I installed it via Preware at some point.

Link to older version:
    Precentral News beta (unofficial) | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net

HP Link for newer version:
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...precentralnews
  15.    #15  
    I can't see it. It says it's not available for my device. Is it because it only works with 2.1 and not 1.4?
    from: https://developer.palm.com/appredire...precentralnews

Price: FREE
    Requires: webOS 2.1.0
    Version: 0.8.0

Available for:
    HP Veer, Palm Pre2

Bunch of nonsense on Hewlett Packard's part. First of all using Impostah! it's running just fine on my Pre Minus. And second of all, I don't think there's anything in it requiring 2.1.

HP's screwing people over left and right with the App Catalog. Been trying to get Music Player (Remix) for weeks (and support the developer) but HP seems not to allow me to pay for it and run it on a device that it will work perfectly well on.

Anyway, since the PreCentral News app is free, just use Impostah! to install it.
    Just use the mobile site. wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews That posted as a link its http:// m. precentral. net (all together)
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    With all due respect, there are two different things being discussed here.

Unnofficial PreCentral App

and

Precentral News (unofficial) by scienceapps

The first is barely an app. It is really just a redirect to view Precentral via the mobile link (http://m.precentral .net -without the space before .net). As another poster stated you can make a bookmark in the stock Web brower with that link to accomplish the same thing.

The second app is a really good app that is configurable in numerous ways to access the PreCentral site and many of it's functions. It's excellent. However scienceapps has been tapped by HP to be a app developer for them and they seem to have removed the beta links and all the incarnations of this app that work with 1.4.5.

All the links to it that have been provided above dead end unless you happen to be running 2.1. Those of us who aren't or who were still using the free beta version have to pay for it now and can only pay for it and use it if they are using 2.1.

Which sucks out loud as far as I'm concerned.

I would pay for it if it were available for 1.4.5 actually. I think it's that good, but I guess they don't want us older Pre owner's money.

Hmm... Maybe Impostah is the way to go.

Unless someone still has the ipk for Version: 0.7.0 lying around and can e-mail. :-)
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You mean tapatalk 'forum'?

Isn't that called "Communities" now. It's by the same dev that did Tapatalk/Forums. Don't know if it's in the catalog yet, but it looks good.

EDIT - Duhh, that's for the Touchpad only. Please ignore me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast