Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have a palm pre, but I don't want to have to pay for a sprint account in order to use it. Any way of getting around that?
    --
    samercier
    Run the 2.1 script for sprint & add the line "--wifi only" then bypass activation using #*DEVMODE# to unenable Devmode, retstart device, then #*DEVMODE# enable Devmode & retsart device again. You won't have data or phone service but you can use it for wifi. Install Impostah & you should get App catalog access too
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Run the 2.1 script for sprint & add the line "--wifi only" then bypass activation using #*DEVMODE# to unenable Devmode, retstart device, then #*DEVMODE# enable Devmode & retsart device again. You won't have data or phone service but you can use it for wifi. Install Impostah & you should get App catalog access too
    Those instructions are incorrect.

If you have 1.4.5, follow these instructions: https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ed_device.html

If you want webOS 2.1 on your device(which if you're not going to use a network service, it's pretty useable) then follow these instructions My Meta-Doctor to 2.1 experience | WebOS World
    If you use --wifi-only, all you need to do to get access to the App Catalog is run the Gesture Tutorial application and make a Palm Profile, which doesn't cost money or require a carrier.

If you have any issues, contact me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    When do I add --wifi-only?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Those instructions are incorrect.

If you have 1.4.5, follow these instructions: [url]

If you want webOS 2.1 on your device(which if you're not going to use a network service, it's pretty useable) then follow these instructions [url= Meta-Doctor to 2.1 experience | WebOS World[/url]
    If you use --wifi-only, all you need to do to get access to the App Catalog is run the Gesture Tutorial application and make a Palm Profile, which doesn't cost money or require a carrier.

If you have any issues, contact me.
    Worked for me. Sorry!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    How do you create the profile????
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    How do you get a profile (I want all the apps) in 1.4.5 in dev mode?
    --
    Sam Mercier
    1st install "Show Properties" via Preware. Then check your DMSETS values. If you have two values i.e. {312,314} (or something like that) I THINK you can use the "Impostah" app & "Enable Device Profile Override" apps to sign in under the "Activation" tab in Impostah. This worked for me for a couple of unactivated devices running 2.1. Not sure about 1.4.5 though...
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Okay got it working. Thank you!
    --
    samercier
    hello samercier

I would like to use my sprint pre on another country. Would like to use 1.4.5 and access to app catalog paid because I have a lot of paid apps that I had whilst in the usa. How can I go about doing this. Have you done this. If yes can you please guide me. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I know that this phone currently isn't made for international access with the phone and if you have already activated the phone it will stay activated with your profile. Also the apps on there should stay even in foreign lands. Also unless the app is pay by use you shouldn't run into problems without phone coverage. I don't exactly understand why you asked it on this thread unless you are worried about your apps disappearing without the sprint and they shouldn't, but I haven't ever used my phone with sprint so I wouldn't know if the phone magically ceases up without sprint. Sorry I couldn't help more.
    --
    samercier
    how did you get around using only wifi and accessing the app catalog.
    Another option: Ditch the Sprint Pre, get a Verizon Pre Plus and put it on Page Plus for $30/year. Then you have a working phone and limited data and text as well...
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    1st install "Show Properties" via Preware. Then check your DMSETS values. If you have two values i.e. {312,314} (or something like that) I THINK you can use the "Impostah" app & "Enable Device Profile Override" apps to sign in under the "Activation" tab in Impostah. This worked for me for a couple of unactivated devices running 2.1. Not sure about 1.4.5 though...
    And if you don't have those values {312,314} what do you do to get Pre to access app catalog. I am running 1.4.5
    "It's only an island if you look at it from the water"
    Chief Brody JAWS