1.    #1  
    Hello Everyone,

I have a bit of a problem. My original Pre - is on its last leg. Saved on it I have an email account that I would like to continue to use- the problem is I can not remember my password!

I have tried gmails recovery but it looks like when I enetered my recovery email adress I had the same typo,... twice ...I know...doh!

I can access the email account just fine on my pre, as the account is saved on my pre, but when I go to manage the account and look for the password it is hidden by little bullets. Is there any way, via linux, app, whatever, to "unhide" this password so my account does not die with my phone?

I have searched around for a while here and via google and have not found an answer anywhere

Thank you in advance anyone who helps or contributes!

-D
    You are going to have to use Gmail's procedures for recovering email passwords - otherwise anyone who stole a phone could come onto a forum like this and get access to email. (not saying you did that, just that there are others out there who do).

Good luck...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You are going to have to use Gmail's procedures for recovering email passwords - otherwise anyone who stole a phone could come onto a forum like this and get access to email. (not saying you did that, just that there are others out there who do).

Good luck...
    Again...thats the problem...I tried Gmails recovery procedure which emails to my recovery password....I kept trying and waiting and then finally counted the characters in the recovery email....it looks like I accidentally added an extra character in my recovery email....sigh.... since the password is stored on the phone there must be someway to retrieve it/ unhide it though..... thank you anyway though!

anywone else?
    The point is... you are asking for someone to help you crack a password. Whether it is yours or not - we just have to take your word for it.

Instead, just follow the directions on this link. There are steps in that link for resetting a password when you don't have access to the secondary (recovery) email address.
  5.    #5  
    I have tried that to no avail. Likewise I am not trying to "crack" a password, rather I am trying to unhide it on my own device....very different. Furthermore, as I can send and recieve emails on the device for however long it decides to last I am not sure what nefarious purpose one could have for unhiding an email password on a device. Thank you for the effort though, I do apreciate the thought at least.
    I can sympathise with you - having recently been in this situation myself. I have 5 pop3, 2 hotmail and a gmail account on my pre which I also have set up on windows live mail on my desktop PC.
    If you have a similar setup, there are programs out there that can unmask WLM passwords. Or if you use thunderbird or something similar, I'm sure there will be some sort of program for them too.
    Failing that, there's not much else that can be done ( that I know of). I do remember with gmail though, you can fill out a form and if you can provide dates or something they can usually reset the account for you. Takes about a day to get back to you. Can't link to a specific page atm, but browse the gmail help section and you might find it

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    || Flickr || Twitter ||