Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wish I had good news, but our 2 yr old Pre- are getting close and almost done.

My wife's Power Button barely works and mine also got flake a few weeks ago.

My Pre went into Panic Mode and I'm still fixing that rebuild...just recently reinstalled ScienceApps Central News the hard way using Impostah since my rebuild nolonger recognizes my Pre- running 2.1 as a supported device.

Running Uberkernal has helped, but 2.1s lag on the Pre- is obvious and the reason HP held off releasing it in the first place. My wife is getting tired, as soon as we get word of a Pre 3 or Veer on Verizon and we're done. She really wants a Veer, but ATT is pretty bad and we can't see moving to this provider after having prior Sprint and Verizon service.

Till then, we'll muddle along with our Pre-! Sorli...
    Im happy with my Pre, only got it last august, its my first smartphone and Im loving it. Lots of patches and Ueberkernel keep me going till whenever any new hardware may make it down my way, just hope my Pre will last that long, if not, Ill have to make a quick trip across the border to get me some new WebOS goodness!
    Handspring Visor -> Palm III -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Lifedrive -> Palm Pre -> HP Veer -> HP Touchpad -> HP Pre3
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    If I still used my pre- I would still love it. However, I roamed on sprint to much, so now I have a pre+ that I still love.
    I'm curious about folks with hardware defects - I've gone into my Sprint store several times with various bad phones (the first one did last a year). Every time, there was no argument about just getting me a new phone. Bad radios, USB crack, flat power-button.. it was always just a few days and I got a new one.

Does this have to do with warranty or insurance? If your Pre is bad, why can't you get it replaced?

Sorry - I'm a little ignorant on this stuff. I've never had a problem walking in to my Sprint Store and having them order a replacement..
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Still in love with my launch-day Pre but it has been dropped more times than I can count and is in pretty bad shape. Pieces missing, power button has been repaired twice(and still doesn't work right), mute switch is almost inoperable, several keys on the keyboard are iffy, and I get call dropout whenever I move my hand during a call. None of these issues popped up until the last few months(after the phone fell from my hand while on a ladder - about an 8-foot fall onto concrete). If the Pre 3 hadn't already been announced, I would have just gotten a replacement, but I figure since I need a new Pre anyways, I might as well get the newest one.
    still have and love mine. still show it off like its launch day.

only thing bothering me is about a month ago i managed to chip the notification light up button.....bugs the mess outta me.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I'm going to rock mine til it dies. If sprint doesn't have a WebOS phone to upgrade to I'll buy a pre 2 and do a comm swap.
    Love it like a fat kid loves cake

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    I don't love my pre- but I fall in and out of "like". I've been on a few refurbs already and right before a refurb, I'm generally disliking the pre- b/c of wear and tear, slowdowns and lockups that weren't there in the beginning, hardware things starting to break (like buttons and keys and such) and cracks around usb plug and screen corners that really make the phone that was once a pageant beauty seem like a sad has been that no one cares to court. That's when I fall out of the "like". Then I get a refurb. She feels fresh and works well. Then it's day one all over again. And this repeats over and over.
    Im lovin it, waiting for sprint to get the veer or pre3. But with the sprint Q3 leak doesnt look so for a new hp phone.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I <3 my Pre. I tried out an Evo for a few weeks last month & came running back to webOS. I really want a new webOS phone on Sprint ASAFP!
    Pre- is the best phone ive ever had. (and ive had alot) Waiting for my Pre2 now =)
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    I'm curious about folks with hardware defects - I've gone into my Sprint store several times with various bad phones (the first one did last a year). Every time, there was no argument about just getting me a new phone. Bad radios, USB crack, flat power-button.. it was always just a few days and I got a new one.

Does this have to do with warranty or insurance? If your Pre is bad, why can't you get it replaced?
    Yes we carried the warranty for almost two years and ended up using it once for my wife's Pre that the screen separated on...really weird defect that we had to pay $100 under warranty to fix.

Either way, it taught us a lesson and warranties are crap after the first 6-months and simply a waste of money. We literally paid almost $150 each to cover our phones for 1.5 years and still had to pay another $100 on top of that to get our unit fixed. After 6-months you can get the units used and replaced dirt cheap from Sprint, eBay, or otherwise and we now no-longer have warranty covering our units and will simply wait till something new comes along.

I suspect I'll get the extended warranty from Sam's Club or Amazon since they are a little more reasonable and don't have to deal with the local 3rd party Sprint service and support, who all claim "oh no, that is not our fault and you'll have to cough up another $100 bones!" I guess some Sprint carriers are better, but I just don't know and have not been very lucky.

I also suspect we'll be leaving Sprint soon anyways (idiots!). Everyone knows, if Sprint does not get a webOS device soon...50% of their customers will end up leaving even if we have to pay more for the same service.

I don't like Android, get over it Sprint, and give the customers what they want. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Love my Pre + and because I love it so much I will get a Pre 3.
    i love my minus even though i own a plus since a few weeks now. the minus lives in my bag and protects the extra battery with great devotion
    I loved my pre plus on At&t before I lost it last early February. I bought a cheap samsung feature phone until my June 16 early upgrade. Now that the 16th has gone and past, I'm torn between buying the Veer and holding out for the pre 3. I hope its released earlier than late July! I can get the veer for free at Best Buy, man its tempting!
    I'm hanging on with my finger nails!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    2 years with my Pre- in October. Still loving it though I am glad I bought the Spring slider case, because I have dropped it so many times. Pretty sure it would done by now if not for that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by doodad64 View Post
    I do. Just want it to last until I have some more options.

Yup, me too! Or until it stops working, or I get tired of it, or whatever But so far it still does what I want!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Pre- still alive and kicking -- after getting sent to the UK for Phantom Taps repair (paid for shipping only though).

My Treo 680, on the other hand, just lost its signal and I've tried everything already (hard reset, open up and clean gold contacts points, etc.), but no go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12