Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    So I got a Palm Pre Plus off of Craiglist yesterday. For one night, I loved the phone. I plugged it in to USB, set an alarm and fell asleep listening to a podcast.

The alarm went off this morning and I tried turning it off... couldn't. The touch screen just didn't work and neither does the gesture area underneath the screen. I've been searching all day and I don't see a way to fix this, but I know it's an issue with these phones. Plus, I don't know if I can get it repaired because I got it on Craigslist.

Any ideas?

=(
    Is the screen black, or is it on & not responding?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doodad64 View Post
    Is the screen black, or is it on & not responding?
    It is on and not responding. For example, sliding out the keyboard enables the search feature, but I cannot select or move anything on the screen. Oh, and the light behind the gesture area doesn't light up like it did last night.
    When my screen has acted funny, I was able to correct it with a full restart. Maybe pull the battery out for 30+ seconds.
    Also, I think there are a couple threads here about unresponsive touchscreens that might have better suggestions.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I've restarted and restored more than once. It's a physical issue, and nothing in other threads really has a fix (besides "replace it at the AT&T/Sprint store").