1. sgx
    Hi I've been reading threads about the proximity sensor but couldn't find the answer

Lately the sensor has been working quite erraticaly, as soon as I touch the dial button, the screen starts to blink (probably detecting something)
    but now after I make a call the screen stays off. the phone works but the screen stays like if I was still on a call.

Anyone knows how to disable the proximity sensor in some way? or even if this may be caused by some patch, my guess is that a few bumps on the phone left the sensor useless.

thanks!

btw I don't use a screen film or protector.
    That happened to me a while back, but I had a screen protector. Hmmm. Have you tried resetting? Dirty screen?
  3. sgx
    no screen protector and screen is clean, nothing changed from everyday use.
    I have to reset the phone every time since the screen doesn't respond to any command

maybe if I could close the phone app from the keyboard I could at least keep using the phone
  4. sgx
    I've been trying to use the advanced config patch but once the sensor turns of the screen it doesn;t respond to any commmand, not pressing the power button to end calls nor using the slider.

Seems like I just got a brand new awsome palm pod touch