1.    #1  
    I have an old pre which I will like to use for WIFI Only and pictures, etc.. And also there is no way to get applications from the HP catalog with unactivated pre? I click on it but it says error.
    Step 1. Doctor
    Step 2. Run the webOS bypass utility
    Step3. Install Preware
    Step 4. Install bypass patch
    Step 5 Install First Use patch
    Step 6. Run first use app and log in to your profile.
    Is there a more detailed description of these steps somewhere? I have one, and will soon have two unused Pres that I'd like to give to my kids so they can play Angry Birds and such. I know how to doctor and install preware, where do I get the bypass utility?
  4.    #4  
    wifi only script? With that doctor can I get applications from app catalog?
    you need data connection not wifi to access app catalog, that's what i have been told by tech support.
    I'm having the same problem here, can't access app catalog at all because i only have wifi
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flipmode007 View Post
    you need data connection not wifi to access app catalog, that's what i have been told by tech support.
    I'm having the same problem here, can't access app catalog at all because i only have wifi
    Not so sure about that. I get on the app catalog daily with wifi and the 3g data radio turned off.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by flipmode007 View Post
    thats because tsch support cant tell you about preware patches. I have my pre plus on wifi only by using the instructikns in my first post...
  8.    #8  
    centa, what do you mean by doctor? I already have 2.1 so ur saying to do it again with a newer script? Like I said, it's a pre I will only be using for wifi connections and I just wanted to be able to use the applications from HP catalog