1.    #1  
    My earpiece speaker on my Sprint Pre- is going in and out. No it is not stuck in headset mode. I have to squeeze the earpiece just right to hear and it goes in and out during a call. BT and external speaker are fine.
    I can't take it anymore and am going to take it in to Sprint repair center tomorrow in a desperate effort to make it last until a new WebOS phone (GASP) shows up on Sprint. A long shot, I know.
    Should I doctor back to 1.4.5 before I go in or is Sprint really beyond caring?

Any ideas?

Thanks
    my sprint store cares. I'm running 2.1 f104 and when I brought it in for ringer switch problem they said over clocking and tweaks voids the warranty. I suggested that I can take it home and restore it to original specs and return. They said they would take care of it but the salesman could have refused. Just my opinion
    hopefully they will just replace it for free with a refurb
    IMHO it's always a good idea to wipe the phone or doctor it before being repaired or replaced.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the feed back. I was afraid that was the answer! I'm just not feeling well and didn't want to spend the time if I didn't have to. Oh well, guess I'll get busy!!
    Remember you will have to create a new profile if you have already upgraded your old profile to 2.1

Once upgraded to 2.1 you can't log back into that profile in 1.4
    Well, not entirely true. You can log back in to your profile, but you will not get your apps and contacts back until you go back to 2.1
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    Well, not entirely true. You can log back in to your profile, but you will not get your apps and contacts back until you go back to 2.1
    That's great to know!! Thanks petbull! They ended up ordering a replacement pre for me and it should get here Monday or Tuesday. I guess i'll stay on 1.4.5 until then and metadoctor the new phone to 2.1. I can't wait and am really happy my profile will be back! At least I hope so, hopefully I didn't mess things up.

As a side note, no one in the Sprint store dissed the Pre. Nor did they try to get me to use my upgrade on an Android, for which I'm grateful. I'm sure there was snickering once I left
    and how is 2.1 working for you? Any lag on the messaging app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    IMHO it's always a good idea to wipe the phone or doctor it before being repaired or replaced.
    Agreed. Not just for "warranty" purpose, but rather your own protection, especially if they take your phone in and replace it with another one.

I've seen refurbished phones with all kinds of data in it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    That's odd, when I went back to 1.4.5 from 2.1 on my UK O2 Pre- I got all my contacts and apps back just minus the ones that required 2.0 or greater.

But yeah definitely doctor and personally I would say don't sign in to your profile again until you get the phone back to keep your data off of it.
  12.    #12  
    GRRRR! Got the new phone today, tried to metadoctor to 2.1 but not recognizing my phone. Tried the recovery reboot (holding vol. up and powering on) and says that flashing failed!! Too tired to search the threads anymore
    tonight...frustrated!!