Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    I decide to reinstall 2.1 because my phone no longer boot due to palm.com/ROM message (http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...urn-phone.html)

    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    Using the guide for windows in website above, I stuck at the Linux part where i need to open the terminal... What is that terminal/program called in Windows? (i need to get to where i can enter the sudo command)
    Last edited by JanJan; 06/16/2011 at 04:29 AM.
  2. #2  
    Why don't you read it once more. The headline to the comamands you are referring to is Linux. Pulling up the command line (cmd, btw) will not help you in any way, as you need a linux environment. The former Cygwin method is no longer supported since recent versions borked the doctor.
    If you already installed 2.1 prior, don'T you have the doctor still lying around somewhere?

    Edit: Darn, GuyFromNam was faster.
    Last edited by THL; 06/16/2011 at 04:44 AM.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
  3.    #3  
    (i cant even stay on 1.4.5 because im getting the palm.com/ROM message every time i boot so i gave up trying to preserve any data and go for a fresh install. I formatted my computer recently so I dont think I have anything left from the last 2.1 doctor)

    I'm from Hawaii

    ah yes i just figure that i should be in ubuntu. Anyway, i'm now at the point where i need to download webosdoctor file for my unlocked ATT pre + . Which 2.1 file should i choose since Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals only list up to 1.4.5 ?
    Last edited by JanJan; 06/16/2011 at 05:11 AM.
  4. #4  
    You are just totally lost. I suggest you read this a couple of times. You don't manually download the dr. It does that when you run the script.

    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
  5. #5  
    Is ur nose growing?

    Do exactly what you did when you 1st installed the 2.1 meta-doctor! The instructions are still the same. Especially since you used Unbutu.

    So what exactly is the problem here. Its sort of like saying I need help re-riding my bike. Do I sit on this seat & put my feet on the petals? How did you ride it the first time? If you used Cygwin which is not advised or supported & you want to do it the right way, then you should say so. None of ur post say how you did it or have an error log, which are needed to properly diagnose ur problem. I suggest you download the proper Dr. for 1.4.5 from webos-internal 1st & run that to make sure the phone is functioning properly.

    Where did you learn that the error you get on 1.4.5 would be corrected with a 2.1 doctor, as opposed to an official 1.4.5 Dr?
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the patient guys. I remember from my 1st doctor that I need to download components for the doctor to work. I think i'm also at that stage now with ubuntu instead of cygwin. I finished making downloads dir and right now at step 2 of step 2 (Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals) where it asks to download the latest webosdoctor file.

    Should I be continuing with that or am I supposed to finish only step 1 (Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals) then come back to WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals to continue on step 3?

    (Right now I cant do anything about the palm profile (step 2) or trying to save any data because I got the palm.com/ROM message)

    i just need some more guidance
  7. #7  
    Haven't read the whole story but are you running Linux in a VM? If yes copy the doc to your windows partition and start it from there.
    There are problems reported on connecting to the device through the VM.
  8. #8  
    if you cant get next button do this:

    hold the power button, switch the ringer switch three times, then afterwards hold the volume button up

    Also, be sure to have your pre connected to the computer via usb
  9.    #9  
    please disregard my last post it's a total mess now. I realize that even though i downloaded novacom 64 bit, I havent installed it yet so I guess that's why the next button grayed out. But how do I install novacom in ubuntu? Sorry this is my first time using this os. Thank you!

    phillyeagles36: that's interesting! i will try it right doctor refuse even after i installed novacom


    EDIT: uh oh. I installed novacom. yay. The doctor is running now. I hope all goes well thanks guys
    Last edited by JanJan; 06/16/2011 at 03:32 PM.
  10.    #10  
    reinstalling succeeded! all thanks to you guys, thanks a lot
  11. #11  
    Glad to see you had success. Congrats
  12. #12  
    glad you got it all working. Why did you say this is my 1st time using this OS? Did you use cygwin before or is this your 1st time creating a Dr?
  13.    #13  
    by OS i meant ubuntu. before i used cygwin in windows to upgrade to 2.1.
  14.    #14  
    i am the person that brings problems

    my current issue: i cant log into my old palm profile because my t-mobile sim doesnt have data plan. I know I can borrow someone else's sim (what i did 1st time) to log in but for the time being is there anything i can do on my own?

    i also hijacked a thread in veer forum to ask this question. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...p-veer-4g.html just so no one will surprise
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Its sort of like saying I need help re-riding my bike.
    That is not funny. I actually had to relearn riding the bike. 3 months of riding don't cut it if 3 years of inactivity follow.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
  16. #16  
    the meta-doctor enables wifi on start-up. So you should be able to login via ur wifi connection.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    That is not funny. I actually had to relearn riding the bike. 3 months of riding don't cut it if 3 years of inactivity follow.
    I thought you never forget how to ride a bike...LOL
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by JanJan View Post
    i am the person that brings problems

    my current issue: i cant log into my old palm profile because my t-mobile sim doesnt have data plan. I know I can borrow someone else's sim (what i did 1st time) to log in but for the time being is there anything i can do on my own?

    i also hijacked a thread in veer forum to ask this question. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...p-veer-4g.html just so no one will surprise

    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

    You can enable your wifi to sign into your profile using the instructions above. But before starting you need to bypass activation(I believe its ##DEVMODE# or #*DEVMODE# after hitting emergency call) so you can connect to your wifi profile first, then copy the file from the usb drive.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post

    What are you going on about? Have you actually done this yourself?
    Yes I have done this myself I have multiple pres after doing the preplus and pre2 conversions and I've done this a few times with success. What's the confusion?
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    There is no confusion to someone who has done it before.
    However, you're giving very cryptic advice to a n00b. You can't expect OP to be able to do anything with that. You're skipping 3 steps every other step.
    I gave a link to the steps that are already explained in detail.

Posting Permissions