1.    #1  
    okay so I don't use the other pre anymore but for some reason I see the F104 logo and a black screen with codes while it waits to turn on but this time it just stays there in the black screen with the F104 logo. I took battery out multiple times and nothing. I know I can doctor it and put it into recovery mode but my phone does not have VOLUME keys :/ so am I toast?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    okay so I don't use the other pre anymore but for some reason I see the F104 logo and a black screen with codes while it waits to turn on but this time it just stays there in the black screen with the F104 logo. I took battery out multiple times and nothing. I know I can doctor it and put it into recovery mode but my phone does not have VOLUME keys :/ so am I toast?
    On this page: How To Recover - WebOS Internals is this link: Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals

I don't know if that will help but you can read about it and decide.
    I believe someone mentions holding down X has the same effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I believe someone mentions holding down X has the same effect.
    I hadn't hear that before - but I went looking and found this:

Palm Support : Using HP webOS Doctor

On this page they claim that pressing and holding the R key can be used as an alternate to pressing the Volume Up key. If this works it ought to be added to the webOS Internals page given the number of broken volume buttons out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I hadn't hear that before - but I went looking and found this:

Palm Support : Using HP webOS Doctor

On this page they claim that pressing and holding the R key can be used as an alternate to pressing the Volume Up key. If this works it ought to be added to the webOS Internals page given the number of broken volume buttons out there.
    That's a new one! I haven't heard that before.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

6.    #6  
    okay I just tried the whole "R" thing and I still see the kernel on black screen loading.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    okay I just tried the whole "R" thing and I still see the kernel on black screen loading.
    Try plugging in the charger and start up..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8.    #8  
    okay I just did that and you were right it worked and now I see the HP logo. Thanks sketch