1.    #1  
    i saw this question posted a year ago and no one answered it at all...so I wonder would it be possible to turn my old pre plus(I have Pre2 now) into a wifi signal repeater or is that completely impossible? I have a weak router and so get spotty internet upstairs in my house.
    Even if it could - why not just invest in a dd-wrt compatible router and run the wireless repeater there?
  3.    #3  
    don't even know what that means but I'm inclined to agree! Anyways I just figured it would be another amazing example of how homebrew genius can transform the pre. Whether its the best option for a repeater or not.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    The advantage to using the Pre would be not having it tied to the mains.
    Also no extra cost since its spare.

Martin
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    The advantage to using the Pre would be not having it tied to the mains.
    Also no extra cost since its spare.

Martin
    Mobile Hotspot drains my battery rather quickly - so I'm not sure if that's a real advantage. Generally speaking unless the repeater has good antenna's you would not get any gain over using your own device. I could see that in a very small window you might be able to get some gain this way but I think it's very very small. The transmit ability of the mobile hotspot isn't very high range and that is half the battle. I think you'll just end up making a lot of work for very little gain.

Good luck however - if I'm wrong I'd like to hear about it.
    Run an ethernet cable down to another router beside your xbox. You would have to buy another router though, it's what I'm doing now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    I forgot to mention that wireless repeater mode may add latency and this may or may not be an issue for game play. The repeater mode selected will matter - for example WDS will certainly add latency.