Wifi Media Sync
    That only works PC -> phone, not the other way around
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    I just email them to myself... but that's not that elegant of a solution
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    The easiest way to get a photo to your pc is to email it to yourself and then save it.
    Works quickly for me.

Paul
    Zumodrive at both ends.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    even blackberry has a solution for it.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    That only works PC -> phone, not the other way around
    **Version 2.0 for WebOS 2.1 is here!! **Wifi Media Sync allows you to sync ALL your files wirelessly between your phone and your Windows PC via Wi-Fi connection, and send files to your PC from your phone! **Pictures! **Music! **Videos! **Documents! Just install the Microsoft Windows compatible client software on your PC, choose which folders you wish to sync, and the rest is done from your phone! Music, pictures, and videos are accessible through your phones standard software as well viewable on any PC you plug your phone into. **PC Requirements: Microsoft Windows XP SP3/Vista/ and Windows 7 compatible Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (Free from Microsoft.com) 1 GB RAM 10 Mb of hard drive space Wi-Fi to your PC connection is required via a wireless access point. Connecting to your PC over Internet is not supported.
    phone to pc, try drop box.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Zumodrive at both ends.
    +1 to this...works great for me.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    It is possible to run sshd from the openssh package on the phone and copy files over wifi to a computer using rsync or scp on the computer. If you are unfamiliar with ssh then it will require more setup but it works well.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noelb View Post
    **Version 2.0 for WebOS 2.1 is here!! **Wifi Media Sync allows you to sync ALL your files wirelessly between your phone and your Windows PC via Wi-Fi connection, and send files to your PC from your phone! **Pictures! **Music! **Videos! **Documents! Just install the Microsoft Windows compatible client software on your PC, choose which folders you wish to sync, and the rest is done from your phone! Music, pictures, and videos are accessible through your phones standard software as well viewable on any PC you plug your phone into. **PC Requirements: Microsoft Windows XP SP3/Vista/ and Windows 7 compatible Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (Free from Microsoft.com) 1 GB RAM 10 Mb of hard drive space Wi-Fi to your PC connection is required via a wireless access point. Connecting to your PC over Internet is not supported.
    Each pic has to be sent manually, it isn't automatic
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbz View Post
    It is possible to run sshd from the openssh package on the phone and copy files over wifi to a computer using rsync or scp on the computer. If you are unfamiliar with ssh then it will require more setup but it works well.
    This is what I want

I used to have wireless ftp access when I was on 1.4.5 but I never managed to find a sync solution. Can you give me more info?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    bump for more info
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    This is what I want

I used to have wireless ftp access when I was on 1.4.5 but I never managed to find a sync solution. Can you give me more info?

I use a linux desktop at home. I just have a cron that runs a simple shell script each night that uses rsync to copy stuff from the phone to the computer. It is pretty simple to do in linux but I don't know how to automate that in windows. Probably the first thing to do would be get sshd set up on the phone and make sure you can login or do scp/sftp to the phone. Also my router is set up to always give the phone the same ip address so the script knows what address to use. I think webos internals has info on openssh too.
    bump for more info
    I use a modified version of the xorg-tools Backup Media Drive over WiFi - WebOS Internals
    It's using rsync.
    The info may be outdated but you can ask more if you need help.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I thought terminal wasn't able to run on webOS 2.0, is this still true?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog