1.    #1  
    I just activated the pre- wit 2.1 on my sisters line. I gave her the pre- for her to use but for some reason it says that phone can not be activated even though calls and texts work. Sprint already tried to help me out and they have done their part. It doesn't even show me to log in to the profile at all just it says error. The only way for her to use the phone is by bypassing that blue screen by preessing ##DEVMODE# so is there anything I can do to that phone? I already did hard reset to no avail. Sprint even changed a few of the numbers on the phone and still nothing so what can be done at this point? Was it because the phone was activated on 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    I just activated the pre- wit 2.1 on my sisters line. I gave her the pre- for her to use but for some reason it says that phone can not be activated even though calls and texts work. Sprint already tried to help me out and they have done their part. It doesn't even show me to log in to the profile at all just it says error. The only way for her to use the phone is by bypassing that blue screen by preessing ##DEVMODE# so is there anything I can do to that phone? I already did hard reset to no avail. Sprint even changed a few of the numbers on the phone and still nothing so what can be done at this point? Was it because the phone was activated on 2.1?
    Was the com board previously used on Sprint on 1.x? It's not required as far as I know but I'm curious. I think on Pre2 phones the com board must previously be activated but I don't think that's involved here.
  3.    #3  
    well yes, I had 1.4 on it and then got 2.1 I got another new pre for me and the old one with 2.1 I gave it to my sister for her to use. She did activate it but for some reason it doesn't show log in to profile OPTION. It just says error in the blue screen and to contact sprint although they are clueless right now. The phone is activated and working except no data connection. And if I restart the phone instead of LOG IN it says error and try again n to contact sprint. I just use ##devmode# to bypass that.
    well yes, I had 1.4 on it and then got 2.1 I got another new pre for me and the old one with 2.1 I gave it to my sister for her to use. She did activate it but for some reason it doesn't show log in to profile OPTION. It just says error in the blue screen and to contact sprint although they are clueless right now. The phone is activated and working except no data connection. And if I restart the phone instead of LOG IN it says error and try again n to contact sprint. I just use ##devmode# to bypass that.
    Weird. Is the phone modem working? Check out some threads about that before you move ahead. GuyFromNam made some remarks about the modem problems and advised that Doctoring without knowing if the modem was involved was counterproductive. If you can elminate that from the mix and things still don't work is Doctoring an option for you? (Meta Doctor of course).
  5.    #5  
    well should I doctor it to 1.4.5 from the doctors that HP has? Well the thing is that a few days before I gave the phone to my sister, it did work on my line. DATA, everything worked fine so why on her line it's not responding? Should she try to get the phone deactivated again and then I should doctor to 1.4.5 and then try calling sprint again to activate it?
    Phone Offline is the normal symptom for problems with the modem but I'm not the expert on that.

This thead about Pre2 problems after Sprint "helped" a friend may be related if you changed settings on the phone with Sprint's help.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ankenpre2.html

Frankly - I'm out of my depth here.
  7.    #7  
    thank you uncle, I appreciate ur help and you gave me an idea with that link n kind of what I was thinking. I'm going to bring back the phone to 1.4.5 and do a hard reset. After that, I'm going to activate the phone again and hopefully it should work. Oh boy
    thank you uncle, I appreciate ur help and you gave me an idea with that link n kind of what I was thinking. I'm going to bring back the phone to 1.4.5 and do a hard reset. After that, I'm going to activate the phone again and hopefully it should work. Oh boy
    Hopefully you won't be cussing me later! If this works or if you find out more please update the thread and let folks know.
  9.    #9  
    haha no I will not cuss at you my friend. In fact you seem to be the only reliable person here in the forums that tries to help so I appreciate it. I will deactivate the pre-, I then will doctor it back to 1.4.5 from the HP website. After I doctor back I will activate to see if the problem was solved so I will be letting you know in this link what the end result was and if the data connection comes back.
  10.    #10  
    just to update uncle, my sister said she does not like the pre so she just bought an android samsung epic :/ oh well, it's her loss. WebOS looks better and is better.
    fyi, doctor to 1.4.5, activate (might have to hard reset or something, a guy at a sprint store did it for me), then doctor to 2.1. Everything will work fine. I just had to do this when I returned my nexus and came back to my pre