Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had a problem with my old palm pre + att and had to get a new one also a palm pre + but now the old one is working and I wanted to just set the new one aside but all ready associated it with my account when I went to use the old phone it said that I was longer logged on to the palm account and it had to reboot to fix it rebooted but is stuck on a blue sync screen any ideas how to fix this I will if possible put the new phone on its own palm account (how not sure yet how to change that either) and do a full reset back to factory settings on it it had pulled in my extra pages but no way to add or delete them.
    the version of both phones is webOS 1.4.*

Right now I don't care witch phone is set to the current Palm account but need to get the one unstuck
    Last edited by tsavory; 06/13/2011 at 05:10 PM.
    cant do it. U can use the palm bypass utility and a couple of patches to create a new profile and jse it as wifi only. But cirrently only one phone can be logged 8n to a profile at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    cant do it. U can use the palm bypass utility and a couple of patches to create a new profile and jse it as wifi only. But cirrently only one phone can be logged 8n to a profile at a time.
    Maybe I misheard, but when I was watching some of these videos with the Touchpad being demoed, One of them (I believe this one: ), mentioned that they have already enabled the ability to sign into multiple devices with one profile.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  4.    #4  
    Well the big part is how to get the old phone stuck from trying to sync I guess i have the other phone off and tried rebooting it and it just gets there and sits have to pull the battery then on reboots does the same other phone is off
    Well, your log on should have no issue about the other phone being on. It would just "boot" the first phone off when you log into your account with the new. Now, is this two separate numbers? Or, are you just using another phone on the one line?

If it is same phone number, you would have to have it provisioned on that line (assuming Sprint). If ATT, you'd have to swap the sim.

But, my wife and I each have a Pre. I input the incorrect profile info (her's instead of mine) and all it did was boot my wife's phone off and it sync'd her info / apps on my phone.

It seems that your boot stuck issue should not be related to the other phone at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSecksie View Post
    Maybe I misheard, but when I was watching some of these videos with the Touchpad being demoed, One of them (I believe this one: ), mentioned that they have already enabled the ability to sign into multiple devices with one profile.
    he said DEVICE, not phone. I'm not saying they won't allow it, I'm saying that you can't do it now with the devices (phones) you asked about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    he said DEVICE, not phone. I'm not saying they won't allow it, I'm saying that you can't do it now with the devices (phones) you asked about.
    ::Face Palm:: Sorry

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  8.    #8  
    well after about 10 reboots the old phone asked me to log in or create an account so I just created a new account so that part is all good now I need to reset the new phone to default settings getting rid of a few hacks I that somehow had implemented from the old phone as in the launcher pages it has the 8 pages from old phone but no add or delete options.
  9.    #9  
    oh better yet since it saved in a new profile all apps and the pages on the old phone are gone so how would you go about changing profiles on a pre plus?
    partial erase (apps and data) brings you back to where you log in.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsavory View Post
    oh better yet since it saved in a new profile all apps and the pages on the old phone are gone so how would you go about changing profiles on a pre plus?
    just log into the original account. It will tell you there is a phone already logged on, do you want to replace it (or similar verbiage). Just say "yes"
  12.    #12  
    ummm how? old phone=new profile new phone= old profile how to swap them out ?
    ummm how? old phone=new profile new phone= old profile how to swap them out ?
    As soon as you try to log in with the 2nd phone, it will kick the 1st phone off. You do NOT need to "log out" with the first. Just log on with the second and the first will go away.
  14.    #14  
    problem is that they are both logged in right now how do you log out?
    problem is that they are both logged in right now how do you log out?
    You mean from the "new profile " you just created?

If yes: Just 'Erase Apps and Data' under Device Info. After Reset, it will bring you to the "Log into or create new profile"
  16.    #16  
    I dont want to erase the apps from the old profile I just want to change which phone is logged into which account leaving the profiles intact or am I missing something here
    I dont want to erase the apps from the old profile I just want to change which phone is logged into which account leaving the profiles intact or am I missing something here

Do a backup
    Erase the apps on the phone you ACTUALLY want to keep and put on the "good" profile

Log into that "good" profile and your apps will re-appear and the OTHER phone will be kicked off.
  18.    #18  
    got ya now will try but i know the new phone when in the old profile did not have a lot of my apps such as preware and several network tools free tether hoping when getting old phone in old profile they all come back
  19.    #19  
    there has got to be a different way to change profiles I don't want to loss all my homebrew stuff and service hacks
    got ya now will try but i know the new phone when in the old profile did not have a lot of my apps such as preware and several network tools free tether hoping when getting old phone in old profile they all come back

Preware will not be there. I believe there is a BackUp and Restore program in homebrew. Look for that first.

Also, I BELIEVE there is a patch in preware that will let you go to the Initial page after a restart and let you log into another profile. Look for THAT patch first. If you use that, then all will be good
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast