1.    #1  
    I just returned to my Pre from the Evo (My Evo was stolen ). I installed Preware and installed FreeTether but my laptop would not connect to the wifi tether no matter what I do, I use Windows 7 32 bit.

Any ideas?
    I had the same issue as you did, after reading some threads in here I discovered that I had to remove the moible hotspot app from my Pre because of the conflicts between the two apps. Removed MHS and FreeTether worked fine.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I had the same issue as you did, after reading some threads in here I discovered that I had to remove the moible hotspot app from my Pre because of the conflicts between the two apps. Removed MHS and FreeTether worked fine.
    I looked in my program list and I don't even see MHS as an installed program, where would I uninstall it from?
    i had the issue wirh win7. I fixed it by removing all my saved win7 wifi connections so it would discover it from scratch. Problem solved. U can prove whether that's your issue by tryimg to comnect another pc to your phone. I'll bet it works!
    ps, if you are not on vzw, you wont have MHS, so you can ignore that.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    i had the issue wirh win7. I fixed it by removing all my saved win7 wifi connections so it would discover it from scratch. Problem solved. U can prove whether that's your issue by tryimg to comnect another pc to your phone. I'll bet it works!
    I tried that with no luck, I tried both as an open and secure network. Windows says that there is a problem with the access point.

Aside from FreeTether, do I need to install any mod or patch?
    no other patch needed. Try another PC before anything else.