Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I had Pre Backup on my device, and did a simple backup of my call logs, texts etc. Then I doctored my device, and now I can't find the app anywhere. I tried Preware and the Palm app store. I need it to get my data back. Can anyone tell me where to find it?

    thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  2. #2  
    Try typing "back up" to see if it shows up on your device.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
  3. #3  
    You are probably looking for Save/Restore which comes from Preware. There was another old homebrew app that never worked properly, so I HOPE you didn't use that one...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You are probably looking for Save/Restore which comes from Preware. There was another old homebrew app that never worked properly, so I HOPE you didn't use that one...
    Nope. Save/Restore doesn't back up phone logs or texts. The other one does, as long as you disable all the other backup items. I tested a backup/restore before doctoring my device, never suspecting someone would pull the app out of homebrew.

    And, I ran every search possible and still can't find it. Anyone got it that could send it to me?
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Nope. Save/Restore doesn't back up phone logs or texts. The other one does, as long as you disable all the other backup items. I tested a backup/restore before doctoring my device, never suspecting someone would pull the app out of homebrew.

    And, I ran every search possible and still can't find it. Anyone got it that could send it to me?
    Apparently this is not a new problem:
    Pre Backup Utility | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

    Notice the comments from earlier this year about the same thing - no way to find the download, when they found it and installed it using WOSQI it didn't show up etc.

    Another URL related: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...t-install.html

    The really strange thing is that the original "official support" thread that several of these point to - is gone.


    Lastly there is a good thread that describes the purpose of Save/Restore vs. Pre Backup and post #6 by Rod is really interesting reading even if it doesn't help you today: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...p-utility.html
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 06/11/2011 at 02:34 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Apparently this is not a new problem:
    Pre Backup Utility | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

    Notice the comments from earlier this year about the same thing - no way to find the download, when they found it and installed it using WOSQI it didn't show up etc.

    Another URL related: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...t-install.html

    The really strange thing is that the original "official support" thread that several of these point to - is gone.


    Lastly there is a good thread that describes the purpose of Save/Restore vs. Pre Backup and post #6 by Rod is really interesting reading even if it doesn't help you today: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...p-utility.html
    Thanks. I wonder if there is a way to open my backup db file and restore the txt and phone log manually?
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Nope. Save/Restore doesn't back up phone logs or texts. The other one does, as long as you disable all the other backup items. I tested a backup/restore before doctoring my device, never suspecting someone would pull the app out of homebrew.

    And, I ran every search possible and still can't find it. Anyone got it that could send it to me?
    Save/Restore does texts. You just can't restore it. Don't know about phone logs.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Apparently this is not a new problem:
    Pre Backup Utility | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

    Notice the comments from earlier this year about the same thing - no way to find the download, when they found it and installed it using WOSQI it didn't show up etc.

    Another URL related: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...t-install.html

    The really strange thing is that the original "official support" thread that several of these point to - is gone.


    Lastly there is a good thread that describes the purpose of Save/Restore vs. Pre Backup and post #6 by Rod is really interesting reading even if it doesn't help you today: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...p-utility.html
    thanks, I followed the top link and found it. both phone logs and txts restored.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  9. #9  
    Just be aware, I attempted using prebackup once on my pixi and after restoring my text's its somehow corrupted my database and caused my phone to no longer send text's or receive text's.

Posting Permissions