Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Built a Sprint FrankenPre2. That part went well, thanks to the instructions from our good friends. I also put the Pre- back together, with the comm board and back bezel originally from the Pre2. Not intending it to ever use the radio, just a test device. From that point on it would no longer charge, either on Touchstone or thru the USB port. The battery percentage would turn blue, so it knew that it was 'in a charging mood' if you will, but the actual percentage only continued to decline with use no matter what I did. So my question is: what is the most likely thing for me to have broken when I put the unit back together to cause this?

I suppose it could be mere coincidence that this happened at the same time as I swapped boards, and that in fact the battery just died. It was original from 2 years ago. But the day before this it was still working, it's only issue was a steep decline from 40% to 0% in seconds. I can swap it into the other phone and see if it charges there.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    What's a "battery token"?
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Put the "bad" battery in the Pre2 and it charged fine. So I broke something in the Pre-.