1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having problems with the Updates on the Pre not working? I go to run the Updater and it just spins there and says "Checking for updates"

At this point, it's been "Checking" for about 10 hours now.

Any ideas? I'm kinda over this phone.. but I need it to hang on a few more weeks.
    I get the same thing. But I am running a pre plus on 2.1 so I know there are no updates for me anyway. What version are you running?
  3.    #3  
    Pre minus, I think 1.45?

Whatever was the last update.
    The latest version for pre minus and pre plus is 1.4.5.1 i believe. If you have that you are good on updates. I dont know why the app just keeps "checking for updates" though. Also, the pre minus and plus are probably as far as they are going to go with updates. Which is why a lot of us have used the meta doctor to update to 2.1.
  5.    #5  
    I figured as much for OS updates. I still occasionally got app updates.

How do I get 2.1 on the Pre? I'm running Preware on it now.. is it something thru there?
    Oh yeah, I forgot that on 1.4.5, the app updates and system updates were checked in the same app. Well you can also go to the app catalog and press the little icon on the bottom right to see if there are updates. It should pop up with something if there are app updates.

As far as updating your phone to 2.1, it is not in preware as it is a little more difficult than that. if you are computer savvy, it shouldnt be too hard. Look and read carefully in the link if you are interested in doing it.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/WebOS_2_Upgrade
  7.    #7  
    Sweet! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sipperphoto View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with the Updates on the Pre not working? I go to run the Updater and it just spins there and says "Checking for updates"

At this point, it's been "Checking" for about 10 hours now.

Any ideas? I'm kinda over this phone.. but I need it to hang on a few more weeks.
    Pre minus, I think 1.45?

Whatever was the last update.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    The latest version for pre minus and pre plus is 1.4.5.1 i believe. If you have that you are good on updates. I dont know why the app just keeps "checking for updates" though. Also, the pre minus and plus are probably as far as they are going to go with updates. Which is why a lot of us have used the meta doctor to update to 2.1.
    I figured as much for OS updates. I still occasionally got app updates.

How do I get 2.1 on the Pre? I'm running Preware on it now.. is it something thru there?

1.4.5.1 is only on VZW not Sprint. For once there was an update that VZW got before anyone else.