1.    #1  
    My Pre+ has developed the dreaded no USB mode pop-up and also won't charge via my home PC.

It's not the cable as it will charge via my work PC and I get the USB mode pop up on that PC.

It charges fine plugged into the wall.

I have repooted both machines and reinstalled Novacom but still nothing.

I have tried all 3 USB ports and same thing.

Funny thing is, the charging lightening bolt appears but it's not charging as the battery is draining.

It's definitely soemthing on my PC...
    www.gsmworld.com
    I'm getting something similar, and I'm beginning to wonder if it has to do with the 1.4.5.1 update that just got pushed out.

Perhaps Novacom needs to be updated (I'm no expert here.)
    That's odd, the phone should just charge. Are your USB drivers working correctly? Can you use other USB devices on your PC?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    I'm getting something similar, and I'm beginning to wonder if it has to do with the 1.4.5.1 update that just got pushed out.

Perhaps Novacom needs to be updated (I'm no expert here.)
    When did a new WebOS updates come out? The update is only for Verizon customers right?
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 06/06/2011 at 08:40 PM.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

I installed the patch so it skips that pop up and just charges.

If you aren't seeing it charge on the computer, you have at least three likely suspects:

1. Reinstall the novacom drivers. use Jason's Universal Novacom Installer. Don't plug in the phone until it's done.

2. A bad USB port on your PC. Try a different port or a different PC.

3. A bad cable. Try the cable that came with the phone. Try a different one.

Since the OP says the charging symbol is showing...

I suggest using Dr.Battery to calibrate the battery and see if it's time for a new battery.

Also, check to see what is running. I find that when I run FreeTether or MHS and connect... the phone drains faster than the PC can charge...

The PC puts out 500mAh whereas the wall charger puts out 1000 mAh so that's not surprising... If the battery is healthy, use Jstop to see what is running. Try charging it with all the radios off...