Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I also still have my original Pre. Even though my earpiece is out and my speakers are out without a headset. I should switch but I too am holding out hope for a Pre 3. I just like the feel of webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    That's a good point. From this day forward, every webOS user's 2 year contract starts to expire beginning with the launch day owners. They can't possibly think all these people will just switch to Android. If Sprint decides not to carry the Pre 3, I'm sure they realize that a percentage of those contract free Pre owners will jump ship without any ETF. Let's hope Sprint get's with the program.
    You're only half right. :-)

A sizable portion of webos users is in Germany and here it was launched in October 09. Similar to the other European webos countries like France and Spain (and Italy?) IIRC.

But your point still stands. From now to the end of the year a lot of 2 year contracts run out. And customers get upgrade offers weeks/3 months before that.

I'm off contract - but 2 years is roughly what I want to get out of my investment.
    This summer should be interesting.

p.s. People around here assume that almost all remaining webos users are on Sprint - that's not true. The Pre was relatively successful in Germany AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $and$ $O2$ $Germany$ $actively$ $pushed$ $and$ $supported$ $it$ $for$ $months$ ($unlike$ $what$ $I$ $hear$ $about$ $O2$ $UK$). $They$ $had$ $Pre$ $ad$ $campaigns$ $second$ $to$ $none$ ($large$ $billboards$ $everywhere$, $TV$ $ads$, $special$ $in$ $store$ $displays$). $When$ $I$ $went$ $to$ $an$ $O2$ $store$ $to$ $buy$ $the$ $Touchstone$ $a$ $week$ $later$ $a$ $sales$ $rep$ $even$ $told$ $me$ $about$ $Preware$ ($had$ $it$ $already$ $of$ $course$ :-) ).
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    You're only half right. :-)

A sizable portion of webos users is in Germany and here it was launched in October 09. Similar to the other European webos countries like France and Spain (and Italy?) IIRC.

But your point still stands. From now to the end of the year a lot of 2 year contracts run out. And customers get upgrade offers weeks/3 months before that.

I'm off contract - but 2 years is roughly what I want to get out of my investment.
    This summer should be interesting.

p.s. People around here assume that almost all remaining webos users are on Sprint - that's not true. The Pre was relatively successful in Germany AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $and$ $O2$ $Germany$ $actively$ $pushed$ $and$ $supported$ $it$ $for$ $months$ ($unlike$ $what$ $I$ $hear$ $about$ $O2$ $UK$). $They$ $had$ $Pre$ $ad$ $campaigns$ $second$ $to$ $none$ ($large$ $billboards$ $everywhere$, $TV$ $ads$, $special$ $in$ $store$ $displays$). $When$ $I$ $went$ $to$ $an$ $O2$ $store$ $to$ $buy$ $the$ $Touchstone$ $a$ $week$ $later$ $a$ $sales$ $rep$ $even$ $told$ $me$ $about$ $Preware$ ($had$ $it$ $already$ $of$ $course$ :-) ).

Thanks, that is a good point. I didn't take into account the webOS users over in Europe. I do remember reading somewhere that there is a good amount of webOS users in Germany. Hopefully we all get the opportunity to upgrade to the Pre 3 on our preferred carriers, and we won't have to change carriers just to get the next webOS phone. We'll see what happens.

Just curious, was the Pre 2 released in Germany? If so did carriers actively push it?
    Thanks, that is a good point. I didn't take into account the webOS users over in Europe. I do remember reading somewhere that there is a good amount of webOS users in Germany. Hopefully we all get the opportunity to upgrade to the Pre 3 on our preferred carriers, and we won't have to change carriers just to get the next webOS phone. We'll see what happens.
    The carrier situation is more relaxed here (in Europe). It's all GSM/UMTS.
    Phones are often available unlocked. And you can always get it unlocked one way or another if you really want to.
    My Pre was unlocked from day 1.
    So my carrier preferences and smartphone preferences can be handled independently (as it should).

Just curious, was the Pre 2 released in Germany? If so did carriers actively push it?
    Yes and no. It's available from HPalm and via Amazon.

But not pushed at all (outside France AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK) $and$ $only$ $available$ $with$ $QWERTY$ $keyboard$. $Pretty$ $much$ $a$ $dev$ $phone$ $only$.

O2 Germany who back in late 09/early 10 actively pushed the Pre a lot meanwhile got the IPhone as primary product to market.
    But they have announced the Veer.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12