View Poll Results: It's June 6. As a launch day Pre owner I . . .

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Already bolted to another carrier for a Pre+/Pre2/Pixi/Veer

1 2.22%
  • Already switched to iOS

0 0%
  • Already switched to Android

4 8.89%
  • Have my FrankenPre - what else do I need?

6 13.33%
  • Am waiting for the Pre3 on Sprint - it will come - really . .

26 57.78%
  • Will go to whichever carrier gets the Pre3 first

8 17.78%
  1.    #1  
    It's the two year anniversary for those of us who purchased a launch day Palm Pre! Happy, happy!

Now that your contract is up and given the lack of WebOS devices on Sprint, what are you doing?

(I screwed up the options, so "already switched" should include "am switching")
    Last edited by mypreindc; 06/06/2011 at 07:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mypreindc View Post
    It's the two year anniversary for those of us who purchased a launch day Palm Pre! Happy, happy!

Now that your contract is up and given the lack of WebOS devices on Sprint, what are you doing?

(I screwed up the options, so "already switched" should include "am switching")
    Bought a Nexus S 4G a month ago. I'll be back one day to webOS. I waited in line June 6th 2009.
    I'm still on Sprint with the Evo (contract still up today), but also have a Veer on AT&T. If Sprint hasnt announced they're carrying the Pre3 by the 15th (when 30 day return policy on AT&T expires) I'm porting to AT&T and will just eat the cost of a full price Pre3 when I buy from them.
    I'm still waiting to see what the carries will have four me. My contract is up and four lines, so all options are open. I've never been to AT & T, maybe I'll discover rollover minutes. I'm more likely to go back to VZW or stay with Sprint. I have no idea what phone I'll end up with. I'm tempted to get iOS unless HP comes up w/ something by July. iOS usually comes up with something in June also, so the family is waiting to see.
    All our phones are working so we can be patient.
    My original Sprint Pre is still is great condition, but wanted to try the Pre 2. I picked up an unlocked Pre 2 and activated it on ATT without a contract. (I will not be using ATT again; poor signal in my area.) I am now waiting for a CDMA Pre 3 and will probably go with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Just retired my one and only launch day Sprint Pre last week. Now using a plussed Pre, which'll buy more than enough time to see if the Pre3 is coming to Sprint. *fingers crossed* If Sprint will not be getting it, off to Big Red.
    2 years to the day I've had my Pre! This is the longest (by a year) that I've ever had a phone. I love webos, but I'm boooooooooooorrrred of this phone. I'm going to wait a little longer for the pre 3, but if it comes out and it isnt on Sprint, I'm moving on until it does.

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
  8. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    hard to believe its been 2 years . . . but you can believe my Day ! Pre minus is limping along these days . . . on its last leg for sure! My treo 650 is in better shape
  9.    #9  
    The new iOS features are giving me less and less reason not to go to the darkside.
    I'm staying with Sprint for now. None of the other carriers have the prices or plan features that Sprint has. If I can't get a new WebOS device with Sprint, I might just get a 4G Android phone. I love the WebOS, but I can't see switching carriers, paying more money and also losing my Simply Everything Sero plan, just to get a new WebOS device.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

if pre 3 has good use of its front cam, I will goto ATT or Tmobile for it.
    if pre 3's front cam doesn't do much, I dont know, I may just keep using my pre until its broken.
    I still have my original Launch day Pre... the phone crackles when I'm using it, the charging cover is gone, has a nice crack creeping in on the screen from the charging port and has a very slight oreo effect.

As much as I like WebOS, the Palm experience for me has been a bit of a letdown, and as soon as the new EVO3D phone drops into Sprint, I'll be picking that up.
    Last edited by sipperphoto; 06/09/2011 at 11:16 AM.