Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    there were many issues, I doctored the phone back to 145 last night which was a nightmare, I couldn't log into my palm profile, obviously cause I signed into 2.1 with it, so I called sprint did a factory restore via MSL code, it let me log in, but NONE of my saved data had showed up but whatever I'm glad to have 145 back on, I've got the pre overclocked to 1ghz compache disabled, the phone runs flawleessly, I'm not missing the flash addon frankly because I hardly ever come across a flash site on my phone. For anyone interested in downgrading from 2.1 o 145, I downloaded webos repair utility 2.1 from the canuck coding forums, I let it redownload webos doctor, then I put the phone into recovery mode, by taking off the back plate, taking out the battery, plugging in the usb cord to the computer then into my phone, then a question mark appears on the screen (this process could take up to ten seconds) Then you hold the volume up button, while holding the volume up button put the battery back into the phone, then a usb symbol appears on the screen, then you are in recovery mode, run the webos doctor and violia! I figured I'd tell you guys all this cause i had to look all this stuff up myself and do it so hopefully this helps someone out.
    Best advice on anyone wanting to test drive 2.1 -- don't use your 1.4.5 palm profile!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Maybe they finally figured out how to get the PRL update working on Sprint.. it was disabled when I last used the meta scripts. I used a 2.1 Sprint Pre for about a week, and it was just not worth it even for some of the improvements. Overall it was not as responsive even overclocked to 1 ghz. I wanted to like it, but it was just not acceptable. It ran better on a Pre Plus, but it didn't have service so I couldn't really work it out. It is miles better on my Pre 2, but I don't have service on that yet either.
    I did my upgrade very early in the life of the upgrading process. The Sprint Dr I used was not "publicly" available but can be found via Google. It had files for sprint things in 2.1 which I used as a replacement from the standard 1.4.5 -> 2.1 upgrade. I did increase the Compcache size on mine using the permanent method on the wiki so that might be another reason I'm not having any problems.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    2.1 is smooth but the messaging app would just take forever to load so I just gave up :/
    you can use files from the non official sprint 2.1 to get nav and prl working on the normal 2.1 script. also for anyone going back to 1.4.5 make sure you disable your backups before doing it. as long as you do that you wont have issus going backwards with your profile. i for one love 2.1 yeah it has its glitches and what not but the added things and the constant new things that can be done like tweaks and what not keep it fresh and keep me involved.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    you can use files from the non official sprint 2.1 to get nav and prl working on the normal 2.1 script. also for anyone going back to 1.4.5 make sure you disable your backups before doing it. as long as you do that you wont have issus going backwards with your profile. i for one love 2.1 yeah it has its glitches and what not but the added things and the constant new things that can be done like tweaks and what not keep it fresh and keep me involved.
    Yeah! that's exactly what I did. I was maybe a little more liberal in my application of Sprint 2.1 files than just the Nav and PRL stuff. I've got the Sprint Music Plus and some other stuff as well that I've never used.

I notice no difference in the messaging application when compared to 1.4.5. Might be a combination of my compcache settings and updated sprint files.
    well how come I logged in with the same profile when I created webos 2.1? I have all my contacts and all my applications even though that was the 2.1 profile.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    well how come I logged in with the same profile when I created webos 2.1? I have all my contacts and all my applications even though that was the 2.1 profile.
    If upgrade and downgrade instructions are followed, there's no problems with using the same profile when going back and forth.
    well I didn't follow any intructions. The profile I had for 2.1 I used for my new pre- on 1.4 and everything worked fine. I guess it all varies :/
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12