1.    #1  
    Hi Guys,

I have a Palm Pre Plus and have managed to break the digitizer on my phone. the phone is working fully except the touch input does not work due to the broken digitizer.

I want to retrieve the setting on my phone via QPST to transfer it to my other phone but as I am not able to select an change the usb port 1 to diag, I am not able to connect to it via QPST.

I am able to access USB pass through mode but cannot change settings for any of the ports etc as the touch screen does not work.

Can any one tell me a work around for this problem by using the keypad and inputting some code.

I would be really thank full for all your help.

Thank You

Regards

Anand
    square+S+U will put it in USB mode.
    I'm not aware of a code to enable a ports diagnostics in the USB Passthrough app.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    square+S+U will put it in USB mode.
    Buddy thanks for the reply

Square mean the key next to z on the key pad, right?

And when by s+u you mean? i press them together or seperatly one after the other?

I can access usb mode as it is without the procedure mentioned above..but cannot change the usb port 1 to diag, to connect it via QPST.

sorry if I am sounding like this but please explain some more...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I'm not aware of a code to enable a ports diagnostics in the USB Passthrough app.
    Yes I am looking for a code to type from the keypad and only the keypad as I cannot do anything with the touch screen...at all...everything has to be done via the keypad..
  6.    #6  
    I would also be needing a replacement digitizer can anyone guide me to where I can get one asap..for the phone..
  7.    #7  
    I need to transfer all the setting of the phone to transfer to my second palm pre plus so its can be configured to work on my number...I was thinking of taking all the setting via qpst save them to a file and then write them to the other palm pre plus
  8.    #8  
    is there any application or patchthat can be used for this?
  9.    #9  
    Thanks GUY I had seen this link before as well..I was not sure whether it is original or not so was not sure to order or not...I can order it immediately if I am sure its genuine...

secondly how do I make sure they are new as the seller mentions

Condition types
    New-------brand new
    New Other-----may contain some scratches
    Used---------Contains scratches

kind of confusing..

contacted the seller just now..
    I think using QPST is totally unnecessary.

Most phone settings and applications are tied to your palm profile anyway. Just logging onto your old profile on your new device will restore most settings.

Some application data/settings can be transferred using the save-restore application in preware.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    AGAIN, what settings do you mean?
    Is this a GSM or a CDMA phone?
    Its a CDMA Device..
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    QPST sounds like overkill.

I suspect OP just needs to get the carrier database (GSM 3G), but then again, OP also thinks we're psychic so I might be wrong.
    I just wanted to read all the relevant setting and transfer them to my other palm so I can set it the way it should be for everything including evdo to work...all this had been done using QPST for me so I wanted to use the same to get all the settings of it...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    I think using QPST is totally unnecessary.

Most phone settings and applications are tied to your palm profile anyway. Just logging onto your old profile on your new device will restore most settings.

Some application data/settings can be transferred using the save-restore application in preware.
    Its to make my number work.the phone work on my cdma netowrk with evdo etc on my other device. The main thing is the evdo settings. so I wanted to use QPST.