1.    #1  
    I was texting with my cousin, she sent a text, it came up on my notifications, i clicked to read and it disappeared, i sent her a text, it also disappeared but she received it and sent me another back, it also disappeared. All my text history with her disappeared.

I restarted and took the battery out several times, nothing changed. I had someone else send me a test text, that was fine.

I contacted Palm support, they advised to delete the contact, i did, no difference, i texted again, it disappeared, she texted again, again i see the first few words on the notification but then i can't get it back.

Palm support then suggested i try an 'erase data and apps' and said i would get all my texts back, i asked him to confirm as i have important work texts and MMS pictures that i can't get back, he said i would definitely get them all back, so i did it. Now everything has been deleted, i have no text history with anyone, the texts from/to my cousin still disappear.

I am furious with Palm support, as soon as i said everything had gone, mysteriously the support disconnected and won't reconnect.

My cousin is overseas so all these test texts are costing me a bomb, palm support has made me lose 12 months worth of texts, MMS, essential stuff for work, MMS pictures i can't get back etc and i still can't text my cousin.

I loved this phone (other than the dreadful battery life) but now i hate it and i hate Palm.

Can anyone help me retrieve the stuff that Palm have made me lose. Can anyone suggest any way of fixing the original problem.

I have a Palm Pre Plus on O2 (UK) and the version is Palm webOS 1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by emmahope206 View Post
    Palm support then suggested i try an 'erase data and apps' and said i would get all my texts back, i asked him to confirm as i have important work texts and MMS pictures that i can't get back, he said i would definitely get them all back, so i did it. Now everything has been deleted, i have no text history with anyone, the texts from/to my cousin still disappear.
    That sucks. I can't believe he would say that to you, because that's an outright lie. I'm sorry, my heart breaks for you.

While you have nothing, running a WebOS Doctor will fix your problem. It will wipe everything, but it seems that's already been done.

You can recover your MMS pictures. They are stored on the USB Drive Partition (which hasn't been wiped I don't think, unless you performed a full erase). Plug the Pre into your computer, and they should be in one of the folders, in a subfolder called "messaging".

I would also backup your entire USB partition as well before you doctor.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06