1.    #1  
    Today I sent an email to HP CEO Leo Apotheker and addressed the point of lack of release information. I also brought up the "make things right" and the "in coming weeks" statements. I even told him how my earpiece speaker no longer works and I must use speaker phone or a headset to place calls(its dead not the headset jack issue). I told him due to the lack of WebOS phone available on Sprint I will be forced to use a droid or another OS due to me needing a new phone.

A little less than 2 hours later I get a phone call (strange part was I didnt even put my phone# in the email!!) it was a rep from HP they gave me the spill how they can not give release information yet but let me tell you how HP made it right with me!

HP is going to do a out of warranty repair and pay for shipping all at no charge to me so I can continue to use my WebOS phone till the Pre3 is released.

I'm impressed to say the least. In less than 2 hours they got my phone number and contacted me. As a customer this speaks volumes about HP and their understanding that we as WebOS users are key to its success.

Thanks HP for fixing my Pre at no cost to me you guys are the best!
    Last edited by arxb2; 06/03/2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: typo :)
    Quite good stuff by HP!

Increases my hope !
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yo thats hot~! now to make things right for the rest of us~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    hmmm why not give you a coupon, and how do we know pre-3 will be released on sprint. Sprint only want 4G devices and pre-3 aint or atleast FCC doesnt show it has wimax. It may come but probably around Christmas time.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    wow
    great!
    sigh of relief that they are standing by their ecosystem--HP gets it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    hmmm why not give you a coupon, and how do we know pre-3 will be released on sprint. Sprint only want 4G devices and pre-3 aint or atleast FCC doesnt show it has wimax. It may come but probably around Christmas time.
    Ahh yes... you are overflowing with positivity.

@OP... thanks for sharing! That's pretty cool!
  7.    #7  
    If anyone whats to know what I sent here is the email:

Subject: Pre3 and WebOS faithful

Mr. Apotheker,

I write this to express the concern from the WebOS community about lack of details on release of the Pre3. Due to the "comming weeks" and "make things right" comments from HP WebOS users are switching to other options everyday due to lack of information and follow through. I got my Pre July 2009 and now my earpiece speaker no longer works so I can only use speaker phone or a headset. In order to get a new phone I must sign a 2yr contract and there are no WebOS devices available for Sprint except for the Pixi as you are probably aware. I could spend $100.00 on an insurance claim but why not use that for a new phone? Because I want to keep WebOS. Like other WebOS faithfull I need a phone that fuctions and with the lack of release information and the condition of my phone I'm being forced away from WebOS. I have included a link to a good webos forum so you can see how many users are being lost due to lack of information from HP and we feel like the original WebOS users have been placed on the back burner. Please don't leave the original WebOS supporters out like what has been done.

Http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-3

Thanks for your time,
    Joseph ******
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
    HP's quick customer service response is encouraging (and just a bit spooky!)...
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    haah imagine the gov't -=X
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Problem is now dealing with Sprints customer service. You are technically activating a new phone, they will now charge the 10$ smartphone charge.

They did this to me when I let my wife use my upgrade for her phone. During the upgrade, they deactivated my phone, and no amount of work would reactivate it. Spent hours on phone with Sprint tech support.
    They shipped me a refurb, and that had a bad speaker, then another that finally worked. They of course tacked on the 10$ charge since I activated a new phone after Jan 2011.

It took an hour to get them to remove the charge since it was their fault my phone messed up to begin with.

Not sure if you could get that waived as well.
    Not all of Sprint's recent or upcoming smartphones are wimax.
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    Not all of Sprint's recent or upcoming smartphones are wimax.
    Yeah, but you get the 10$ charge regardless, even on a Pre -.
    I got a replacement Pre due to the stuck in headphone issue. I have insurance but Sprint sent me one for free. It was way out of warranty. When I got it, I had a little issue activating it, but once I found someone who had a clue, it went fine. No $10 extra, because it is a replacement not an upgrade. Maybe it is because I am a 12 yr customer with three lines with two expired, third will expire in Oct.. I have already indicated I will follow Palm if they don't.

@OP - Nice story. This may give me hope that their customer service has improved. Much better than my laptop that lost its MB 2 days out of warranty and they wanted me to pay $400 for a G60 MB replacement!?!??? (Did it myself for $80).
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jandar View Post
    Yeah, but you get the 10$ charge regardless, even on a Pre -.
    that Sprint doesn't have any 4G requirement for new smartphones. I think they'd be perfectly happy to sell a 3G Pre 3, as long as it has a better build quality than the original.