Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I went camping with my Pre, bringing 3 Pre batteries and 1 Centro battery. Doing laundry afterwards, 1 Pre Battery made it all the way through the washer and dryer before I discovered my mistake. I'm going to let the battery sit for the weekend, and I might put it in rice later, but does anyone have any advice or experience with complete sustained submersion of a Pre Battery?
    it should be fine. Put it in a baggie of rice for a day or two.
    I understand trying to save a phone or a camera, but these batteries are $5-$10 each these days. I'd be more inclined to just toss those. If you are going to use them, I'd keep a close eye on your equipment for a couple of hours, possibly with the cover off so that I could pull out the battery at the first sign of any problem.
    I have accidentally washed 2 of my Pre batteries. And that pretty much has killed both of them. My son had his entire pixi through the washing/drying cycle. It still works pretty well. But the battery that was in it: RIP. Same thing for me when I left a spare battery in my pocket through the wash.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    i accidentally swam on the beach with my battery too.

didn't risk it. Bought another one. Go to ebay, they are cheap at ebay
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You took it out of the phone, and took it for a swim?
    WHY???
    I assumed it was a spare

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    I understand trying to save a phone or a camera, but these batteries are $5-$10 each these days. I'd be more inclined to just toss those. If you are going to use them, I'd keep a close eye on your equipment for a couple of hours, possibly with the cover off so that I could pull out the battery at the first sign of any problem.
    Holy schnikes! Amazon.com: Palm Standard Battery for Palm Pixi and Palm Pre: Cell Phones & Accessories

They're alot cheaper these days than I thought. I won't risk the hardware; I'll just drop $10 on 3 more batteries.

Thanks all!