1.    #1  
    I've tried to search on a similar issue, but I wasn't able to find a fix for it:

I looked down at my Pre Plus a couple days ago, and it was just a Palm logo, that blinked every so often. After realizing it wasn't booting, I tried a soft reset -- same thing.

I did research on restoring it, downloaded the latest WebOS Doctor, put it into recovery mode with the volume switch and pulling the battery, then I tried to run WebOS Doctor on it.

It got to about 56% and then said it was unable to reset my phone. I've tried it several more times and it's always the same thing.

As their website said, I swapped my micro-usb cable out -- still the same thing.

Any tips on how to bring my Pre+ back to life? I am tired of using my LGenV as a backup.

Thanks!!
    Read this: How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    And try a different USB-Port and cable
  3.    #3  
    I thought I did follow these directions pretty closely -- I tried 2 cables - 2 different USB ports. Same failure at 56%:

"We were unable to reset your phone"

Any other ideas?

Thanks!!
  4.    #4  
    I tried it from OSX Terminal -- here's part of the log at the end, when it fails at 56%:

Jun 3, 2011 3:28:07 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    err -1 "Error Updating Modem PRI/PRL!!!"
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.CustomizationStage.run(CustomizationStage.java:144)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:291)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
    Jun 3, 2011 3:28:07 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1307129287334
    from /var/folders/FA/FAoUyG9hHqG6lZmCzWun5++++TI/-Tmp-/PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.0.lck
    to /var/folders/FA/FAoUyG9hHqG6lZmCzWun5++++TI/-Tmp-/palmInstallerError0.log
    from /var/folders/FA/FAoUyG9hHqG6lZmCzWun5++++TI/-Tmp-/PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.0
    to /var/folders/FA/FAoUyG9hHqG6lZmCzWun5++++TI/-Tmp-/palmInstallerError1.log
    Jun 3, 2011 3:28:09 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleFailCase
    INFO: something failed, query to see if device is plugged in
    Jun 3, 2011 3:28:09 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleFailCase
    INFO: exiting handleFailCase()
    err -1 "Error Updating Modem PRI/PRL!!!"
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.CustomizationStage.run(CustomizationStage.java:144)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:291)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
    Jun 3, 2011 3:28:10 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got controller
    Jun 3, 2011 3:28:10 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got devices 1
    Jun 3, 2011 3:28:10 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runnerFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    Jun 3, 2011 3:28:10 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runnerFinished
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to failed card

Any ideas?

Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Yeah -- Pre+

I guess my phone is bricked... time to look for a new phone I guess

I was on HP/Palm support chat and after I pasted the error log I was unexpectedly disconnected from the chat session... :/
    You have a hardware modem problem.

The device is not bricked (it could be flashed wifi-only), but it's no longer useable as a phone.

Check the wiki for modem recovery options, but often this issue is not repairable.

-- Rod
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the follow up Rod.

I just got done through a lengthy support process with Hp/Palm. Great news! They'll fix my phone for $230!!!

Time to look for a new device...
    Quote Originally Posted by e-steve View Post
    Thanks for the follow up Rod.

I just got done through a lengthy support process with Hp/Palm. Great news! They'll fix my phone for $230!!!

Time to look for a new device...
    Real generous of them to take your time and your money!

$212 = Palm Pre 2 Verizon Black Smartphone slightly used | eBay

Have you tried verizon?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  9.    #9  
    I'll bring it in to VZW today and see if they offer me a new Pre+ for more than the first one cost :/

I told support Pre+ on ebay are going for $50... he said "sorry"

Repair service = $199 + $29 service charge

FAIL
    It seems that you have been very proactive in trying to resolve your issue. Due to the error that you are seeing on the phone you will need a replacement device. I advise that you go into a Verizon Wireless Store or call us at 800.922.0204. Thank you.
    Hello,

Rest assured, Verizon Wireless does have options for you regarding your equipment, though you have already tried different avenues. However, we would need to review your account in order to determine these options. You are able to send an email to us from vzw.com/contactus and then go to the section marked "Send an Email." Then, click on the drop-down box, and choose your option. You will then be able to input your mobile number and verification information, as well as your issue. I am certain that we can address and resolve the concerns you have.

Have a wonderful day!

ChristinaB_VZW
    Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport