Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Ok all,
    I been with palm since PDA , can't remember the name, then treo 600, 650, 700 centro and pre and pixi pluses. I 'm due for upgrade and HTC Trophy is nice phone. I did a hands on with it yesterday. And they have so many apps already (not that I am app crazy, but a plus). It has the next best OS to WebOS in my humble opinion. It 99$ with agreement and who knows when the Pre 3 will come out and and what price. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teebomus View Post
    Ok all,
    It 99$ with agreement
    This above. The "agreement" is the key price as it locks away your freedom, rather than the extra max $100 that the Pre3 may cost you, if it does get that high.

Pre3 by the end of summer, maybe sooner, not so much time to wait. Enjoy your summer, go to the beach and swim, it will be over before you know it and you'll have your Pre3 to continue your stream of unbroken Palm devices, a record longer than many people in these forum.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Yeah, my wife and I have been Palm users for a long time. I am going to try and keep it going. thanks BN.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    to me after reading of all the WP7 short comings, i really can't see myself getting on that ship until they release the mango update. which will come my guess around august or sept.
    another thing you should think about is their update process. when they released their last update, there were lots of complaints about phones getting bricked. it got so bad they actually had to stop the update process a few times and eventually release it independently to each different phone.
    so my advice is to wait till mango comes loaded on the phone and by such time you may have a choice of the pre3 and even the new "slab" phone they are rumored to be working on with webos.
    To be quite honest, im looking to see who has the better 4g option. but i really want to pull the trigger sometime this summer!!!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    We're also talking about the phone OS that didn't have copy and paste at launch. Who does that?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    We're also talking about the phone OS that didn't have copy and paste at launch. Who does that?
    Which OS are you talking about? If I remember correctly, they all started out that way--iPhone, Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Which OS are you talking about? If I remember correctly, they all started out that way--iPhone, Pre...
    Palm Pre has always had copy and paste..it's here at CES at it's announcement in Jan 2009

However, Windows Phone 7 did not have it for the longest time, and I'm not sure on this but I don't think all of the Windows Phone 7 models still have it.
    Windows Phone 7's copy and paste update now coming in March? -- Engadget

That was in February of this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i was pretty exicted about ms and how they were planning on rolling out lots of updates for WP7, but once the updates started, lots of phones got bricked.... so now im in the wait and see mode. i want to see webos and wp7 4g handsets to really make a final decision
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Since the OP is talking VZW, I recommend that you also consider the Pre2. I can say that I've been totally happy with it in every way. There are some things about the Pre3 that are compelling on paper (meaning there is ample room to screw them up) but the Pre2 is awesome hardware and I could stick with mine for several years without a problem. And I'd definitely go for a Pre2 (or even iPhone) before any Android I've seen on VZW up until now.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I'm gonna wait and see the pre 3. I think I will especially like it if it has Pixi type keyboard. The keyboard was the main issue I had with Pre +. Too many keys malfunctioned . Pixi keyboard is so much better.
    I agree the pre 2 looks much improved.
    In the end, by jumping to WP7 there are just too many things I will miss; sms notification, multitasking, customizations to name a few. Why wait until mango for these things that Pre has now.
    I'm waiting for the Pre 3 also. WP7 is an odd OS. If you're looking into using your phone as your main media player, then nothing compares to WP7. I have a HTC Surround that I constantly use for the Zune player, Netflix and XBox Live games. Also, being able to hold down the camera button and being able to take a picture even if the screen was off is very useful.

The problem I have with WP7 is that it aggravates me as a phone. I need to create separate Live Tiles for my each email account I have. The Marketplace is a nightmare to find any decent apps that are not games. Unlike the Zune player where to you can jump to different items by their first letter, you have to scroll through a single list of apps. The search button is only for Bing search, not to search for items or apps on your phone. No flash player available yet for the web browser. Web browser has a limit of 6 tabs. No mulit-tasking.

A lot of the problems I've listed will probably be fixed through updates by Microsoft at a later time, but my Pre does those things now. So while I don't use my Surround as my main phone, I have retired my old iPod Touch in favor of WP7.