1.    #1  
    im trying to make a frankenpre2 but if i get a GSM unlocked Pre 2 i also have to put the backbezel from my pre- onto the pre 2 besides the comm board. So is the backbezel the sticker with the ESN Number and stuff?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    see File:Slide10.PNG - WebOS Internals from Sprint Pre 2 - WebOS Internals instruction sheet.
    Also notice in http://www.webos-internals.org/images/4/44/Slide12.PNG that the back bezel here is different from Slide 10, due to the slight difference in GPS antenna connection.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  3.    #3  
    so that means i have to install more besides the comm board?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    so that means i have to install more besides the comm board?
    Ahh, Yes!! Guess what else you have to install???

Give up? It's the back bezel!!!...LOL
  5.    #5  
    im not sure if its the whole thing though lol
    just go to the Wiki listed in the second post. It shows you what to do Picture by picture. If you don't see it in the picture don't touch it.
  7.    #7  
    yes i see it. My pre doesnt have volume key and that area is alredy damaged. Is that considered part of the back bezel thats going onto the pre 2?
    if the volume button fits you can use it. It's the antennas that aren't interchangable. You can't use a GSM back bezel to create a Sprint Franken Pre 2. Therefore you must bring ur original Sprint back bezel along with ur comms board, to create the Franken Pre 2
  9.    #9  
    thats where i get confused. I know that with the verizon pre 2 i can just swap the comm board but with the unlocked i have to put my pre- back bezel as well. But my main concern is my back bezel because the area where the volume key goes in is already damaged so thats what im freaking about. I can definitely put a pre and a verizon pre 2 together but an unlocked doesnt seem hard either just im concerned about the volume area of my pre thats already damaged.