1.    #1  
    Hard to believe, but this is my 1000th post.

I came across "treocentral" when I was searching for a way to add a wifi card to my 700p to access data. This was back in the day when verizon allowed one to buy a smartphone without a data plan. *My TX had wifi, why coudnt the 700p? *Yes, I actually used my treo 700p as a pda and phone, without using the data features of the phone, except for "avant go" software. *Save for a sled wifi device that was made for the treo 650, I couldn't find anything. *There was a wifi card that palm actually made, but only for their windows mobile devices. *That was an exercise in frustration, but I found a vibrant community here that was very helpful.

*Then upgrade time came- I was desperately looking for anything new from palm, "nova" was the rumored new OS. *The treo 755p came and left verizon within a blink of an eye and didn't seem all that different from the 700p. *"800p" was a false rumor. *I debated about the centro- but it was near its end of the cycle on vzw. *I was willing to switch to windows mobile so long as it was a Palm made device. *I awaited the release of the treo 800w- I remember it was shown on a slide alongside the samsung saga i770- as future devices on vzw. *However, vzw for some reason chose not to carry the 800w at the last minute and sprint released it. *Then came rumors and later confirmation of the treo pro...but vzw also bypassed it. *No one even at treocentral could explain what was going on btwn vzw and*palm. So*I upgraded to the samsung...omnia. *What a piece of crap that was...needed the treo form factor with the keyboard, read the bad reviews on the blackberry storm, the centro was on its way out..so i exchanged the omnia and went with the samsung saga, the closest device to the unreleased 800w on vzw. *I moved over to the wmexperts site, where dieter bohn was quite active, and actually made windows mobile useable by adding a widgetized user interface called "spb mobile shell." *android is a souped up version of that. *Anyway, I kept an eye out on treocentral at all times, desperate for palm news. A month or two after my purchase came ces 2009- palm was releasing an exciting new device with a new OS........on SPRINT again! Sigh. *Frustrating times for a palm user on vzw. *I followed "precentral" regularly from the opera mobile and skyfire browsers on windows mobile. *Agonizing 6 months later it was released on sprint, and I continued to follow the device...and then came an announcement of yet another webos device....the pixi, but again, on Sprint!

Geez, vzw. *Come on! Somewhere along this way, the vzw ceo bragged that they would be carrying a "palm pre like device." *(yes, can you believe it, vzw bragged about webos once upon a red moon..)Back to checking precentral daily, for any additional news on that front. *Finally, however, the pre "plus" was announced to minimal fanfare by vzw after the droid invasion...I got it within a week of launch and have been an active member of precentral since. * So Sprint users, though you've waited 2 years for any new webos devices, dont forget that vzw palm fans had to wait thru the 800w, treo pro, pre, and pixi, before we got our hands on any palm device! *

I posted a long review article about my first 40 days and 40 nights on precentral with many welcoming comments. *Last year I initiated the "buy an app" day to commemorate the 1 year anniversary of the pre's launch on June 6 and to support the great developers who have stuck thru webos thru everything. That was a resounding success.

Installing homebrew, patches, preware, overclocking, troubleshooting basic and advanced webos features, gps fixes, hardware trouble shooting, reviews and recommendations re: screen protectors, extended batteries, modified touchstone backs, AGF and other cases, and active debates about the merits of webos vs. other platforms, etc. The community has been OUTSTANDING.

As a physician, webos has had alot of bumps, but I wholeheartedly support the webos platform as it enables me to be extremely proficient in my field of duty, and feel that the precentral community has really been a big factor in why i'm still here.

So, just wanted to say thank you, and I hope for 1000 more posts!
    woohoo!
    Cantaffordit, show off!! Hehe, lol, rofl, lol lol j/k

Congrats MDsmartphone.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Wooooot
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    dag... my 137 seems like nuffin now... and I thought I post alot!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  6.    #6  
    yeah I never realized how many times I've posted, esp since I access the mobile site and there's no way to keep track of # of posts that way.

but cantaffordit, you take the crown!