I keep getting spam text messages on my VZW Pre+ from screen names that I have previously blocked. Typically, it's two separate texts arriving minutes apart maybe four or so days a week. It's only a couple of spams so I'm not being overwhelmed. Just wondering how the same screen names can keep reappearing after being blocked.

Is the block function good for only a limited period or does the function simply not work? Or is something else going on? Thanx for any insights.
    Searched for "SMS spam" and your thread seems like the best hit. I got a message at 4AM saying, basically, "Your friend said to try this booze". Well, I don't have any friends, strike one, and 2, I don't drink, so strike two.
    this wiki link's helpful Mobile phone spam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Two things helpful to me are: " AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint in the US allow subscribers to report spam by forwarding the spam messages to short code 7726 " Since I'm on pageplus, with verizon carrier, I forwarded it to the 7726 number. I got a reply, "Thanks for reporting spam, what was the sender's number? Since the spammer used a short code, I went on to a second option--Send the offending spammer the text "STOP". I got a reply saying "You have opted out and will not recieve further messages from (the number).
    This is probably info any 12 year old knows, but I didn't know it, and I'm posting it here for the next person.
    You plug your phone in?