1.    #1  
    I got my phone stuck in offline mode last night.

Had used the Data Toggle patch to turn off data but it seemed to turn off all signal this time. (odd I've used DT a lot) I couldn't get data back on so I tried to reset everything by turning airplane mode off and on. Then my phone got stuck Airplane Mode.

Next step was reseting my phone. When my phone reset it was still in Airplane Mode. So I tried to remove the battery. When I restarted after putting the battery back in it was still in Airplane Mode. So I tried to just power my phone down and let it set for a bit.

When I turned it back on I got the screen with the power cord on it. I've only seen this one other time when it was plugged in. It was not plugged in!

I brought it home and set in on the Touchstone over night and it keeps cycling through the dead battery screen, power cord screen, back lit black screen and just dead black screen.

What should I do?

PLEASE HELP!
    Enter recovery mode and doctor it.

-- Rod
    How old is the battery? They don't last forever.
  4.    #4  
    @rwhitby How do I enter recovery mode?

@Cantaffordit The battery is original (Feb 2010).
    Power down the phone, remove and replace battery. Hold volume up, then plug USB cable. When you see a large USB icon it's done it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    First start the doctor and wait for it to prompt you. At that point follow the directions from post #5 and you will be fine. Note that if your battery isn't charged, it will sit at the first step for the time needed for it to charge enough to continue. That can take 10 or 15 minutes.

If the doctor doesn't solve your problem, you might want to visit the phone store and borrow a battery to do some quick troubleshooting. If it boots up with the store's battery, that's your problem. A battery's useful life is rarely more than a year if you are charging your phone every day (as any Pre user has to do).

Once the phone is running, get an app from Preware called Dr.Battery and use it to calibrate and measure your battery health.
  7.    #7  
    Okay- thanks.

Now I'm trying to download the Dr. but it asks for my serial number which I can find because this is a Asurion insurance replacement.

Is there a way to bypass that?
  8.    #8  
    Replaced the battery with my wife's but the phone is still 'offline.'

Can I fix this or do I still need to Dr.?
  9.    #9  
    I don't think I have a warranty but I do have the VZW Asurion Insurance.

Do they still send you a Pre+? I have a friend who dropped his Pre+ and they said he had to replace it with an Android!
  10.    #10  
    Okay,

I got my phone out of offline mode but now it is stuck in airplane mode.

I haven't tried to Dr or Flash yet. Thought maybe there was a simpler fix.

Not gonna lie I'm a little nervous about the flash. Could this brick my phone?
  11.    #11  
    At the Doctor right now.

Fingers crossed...
  12.    #12  
    'We were unable to reset your phone.'

Crap...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Doctoring won't brick your phone. But if anything fails, and you're unable to fix it, you will have done nothing to forfeit your warranty.

But if you're nervous already, don't update the modem from the command line.
    So I'm okay to hopefully get a new phone now?
  14.    #14  
    How do I get my phone out of 'recovery mode?' Shouldn't I do that before I take it in?
  15.    #15  
    running the doctor for the 3rd time. After the second time I rebooted to see if it had actually worked and got a blue screen with clouds that said something about my phone having and unrecoverable error.

Any suggestions? Should I head to Verizon and hope they give me a Pre2 without renewing my contract. Sure don't want to sign for 2 years with the Pre3 just around the corner!
    If you are on Windows, try running the Doctor in Command Prompt:

Code:
    java -jar doctor_name.jar
    This gives you more info on why it's failing.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  17.    #17  
    Thanks to everyone for your help. I tried to run the Doctor 5 times and gave up. Called it in and have a new Pre+ (reconditioned I'm guessing) that should arrive on Wednesday.

Glad I didn't get told an Android phone was my only replacement option! I would have thrown a bit of a fit if that would have happened to me as it did to my friend mentioned earlier.

Thanks again!! Love the webOS family!