1.    #1  
    He took out the battery immediately and dried it in a warm oven and then in a bowl of rice. After a couple of days, it is working fine!

it was going crazy for a while, though, opening apps on its own like crazy. But after another day of drying out, it was fine!
    A few years back I had a NEC P-1000. It was never dropped in the toilet. Now you have pee Pre
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Surely now its dried its a Pee free Pre?
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    He took out the battery immediately and dried it in a warm oven and then in a bowl of rice. After a couple of days, it is working fine!

it was going crazy for a while, though, opening apps on its own like crazy. But after another day of drying out, it was fine!
    Just be aware that the phone while it may work perfectly is now marked for life with a moisture sensor that has been exposed to moisture. You will not be able to get it replaced under warranty at this point should this need to occur.
    I once completely submerged my Sanyo SCP-8100 at the Kentucky Derby. But that's another story. Anyway, I sealed it in a zip-loc bag with some desiccant packets (silica gel) that you sometimes get when you buy shoes or electronics, and it dried up in less than a day and worked fine afterwards. That's what those packets that say "do not eat" on them are for--to absorb moisture.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Just be aware that the phone while it may work perfectly is now marked for life with a moisture sensor that has been exposed to moisture. You will not be able to get it replaced under warranty at this point should this need to occur.
    Thanks, but it is out of warranty now.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.