Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I just upgraded my Pre Plus (AT&T) to 2.1, using meta-doctor, Ubuntu, etc. The problem is that it now doesn't display email, contacts, or calendar... but i can send emails. What gives? I've removed and re-added the account multiple times, but to no avail. PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    p.s. I don't know if this is the correct place to put this, if it isn't let me know, and I'll ask for help elsewhere. (T'd prefer the help though)
    did you follow the webos internals instructions on the Wiki page exactly? Are you referring to the applications themselves or are they there but blank? Have you tried shutting down, removing the battery for a few seconds and rebooting? I had a similar issue. I would leave the phone alone for a while. Sometimes it just took the phone a long time to refresh everything after my update. It was about a day or two for me. It would also affect my music and pictures. I have since installed f104A custom kernel and govnah. The first couple days were shaky again and then the phone settled out. I find that with 2.1.0 and my FrankenPre Plus I MUST reset once or twice daily.

I also recommend installing patches one by one a day or two apart. Some do not play nicely with my Plus on 2.1. Browser Multi-mod is one. I had that installed and have since removed it.
    Last edited by crucian4; 05/28/2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: added the line about patches
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I followed the instructions to the letter, the apps are there, but the data is missing- the email inbox is blank, the contact list is only whats on the SIM, and the calendar is empty. I'm trying the battery pull right now... music and pics are fine... I'll also try uberkernel and govnah...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    still not working... I've done the battery pull, installed govnah/uberkernel, uninstalled all patches... I'm going to give it a few days and see how it works out... then I'll try a re-doctor...
    How are you able to send email's Have you went into the Accounts app and disabled and reabled the accounts?
    did you uninstall the patches one by one or use emergency patch recovery? I uninstalled them one by one. I still had issues using uberkernel. F104a works best for me. I do not use more than 10 or 16MB compcache. Your results may differ. Did you install flash as well? I also have JStop running autogc.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I did go into the accounts app- enabling/disabling didn't help. I uninstalled one by one, I did install flash, and JStop. I haven't had compcache set at all, and I can't find the F104 kernel in Preware; What is the URL for the testing feed so I can add it to preware?

Also- I have found out that I can send data- i.e. new calendar events, new emails, new tasks, contacts- the device just won't download any data from those programs.
    Last edited by zzt53; 05/29/2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: added about the data
    how many email accounts do you have active on your profile? I enable flash content and turn off autoload content in preferences.

Read the warnings first.
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

compcache will be enabled by default at 10MB. That's where I leave it or set 16MB.

did you restart after the removal of the account and again after installation?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    just the one email account. I just re-doctored it (still to 2.1) and that didn't help... Flash will be enabled, and I'm about to try remove-restart-install-restart. will also check the f104a kernel
    Last edited by zzt53; 05/29/2011 at 06:02 PM.
    are your settings for the account correct? I do not what else 2 check.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    settings are correct- no success with any changes- I'll probably go back to 1.4.5... Oh well. It was worth a shot. Thanks for the assist.
    your welcome
    Look at the account app and see if you have any accounts that aren't valid. For example I had the message synergy plugins and when I doctored the pre2 it brought all accounts back in but my crosstalk, jabber and facebook chat account weren't valid. I removed those accounts and all my email, contacts, and calendar events loaded up.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    did u get this resolved?