1.    #1  
    crazy thing someone help me out I use an old itunes program to snyc music on my pre it loads up music plays then a couple days later gone no trace of my music on my pre at all erased by itself can anybody tell me what's up or a fix to this thanks
    when you say no trace, are you relying on the music app to find it? Have you checked by putting it in USB mode and looking with your pc? 2.1 has a musici ndexing bug that will cause the new music to not be recognized and I think sometimes dissapear. I added more music to my pre- 2.1, never showed up in the music player, had to hide the whole folder and then unhide it and it was recognized. There are a few threads regarding this.

here's a link to start with

http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...yer-remix.html
  3.    #3  
    I put patch in just in case but the problem I have is that when I check memory it shows I have the amount free that was used up by the music I snyc'd over
    Do you have the 'muffle system logging' patch installed?
  5.    #5  
    what does that do ?
    Are you using the 'enable media sync' patch?

Because I never fully got it to work correctly, and this was one of the problems. Disappearing music. If you're not using the patch, that would make me happy !
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

7.    #7  
    I'm using the enable media sync if that is it then that sucks
    Ah yes, my first patch is a bombshell! I have no idea why this happens, you're the second person to report this. >.> I really just wish HP would bring back the media sync option, such a shame they removed it in 2.x. =(
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

9.    #9  
    keep trying fxspec06 still use it for music a lot better then point click and move in windows its all good
    I'm trying, but the damn phone keeps literally ERASING the ipod control folder every reboot! HP must have screwed us over this time.

I guess, a workaround would be, after a sync, find the iPod_Control folder and change it to *read only*?

EDIT: I can confirm with 110% certainty that changing the iPod_Control folder to *read only* does not erase the files after a reboot.

Does anyone know if there's a way to change this attribute from JavaScript? I could then implement it into my patch, and then we have a fully working media sync patch, minus native playlist support (thanks, again, HP.. )
    Last edited by fxspec06; 05/31/2011 at 11:24 AM.

I'm trying, but the damn phone keeps literally ERASING the ipod control folder every reboot! HP must have screwed us over this time.

I guess, a workaround would be, after a sync, find the iPod_Control folder and change it to *read only*?

EDIT: I can confirm with 110% certainty that changing the iPod_Control folder to *read only* does not erase the files after a reboot.

Does anyone know if there's a way to change this attribute from JavaScript? I could then implement it into my patch, and then we have a fully working media sync patch, minus native playlist support (thanks, again, HP.. )
    Great!! I'm suffering with this problem too and; in each sync with ITunes, I receive the message as was the first time in Pre 2 (warning about stay offline) and ITunes (as new IPod)...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Another update..

It still doesn't work. I'm so frustrated. This is like the virtual keyboard patch, the code for the imasq mode is already there, and my patch just enables the mode.. the OS is set to delete anything it doesn't want in the /media/internal folder. G'damn!

13.    #13  
    so making the folder read only dosn't work ???? how hard is it to make a patch? well keep at it man see if the gods at webos internals can help u out
    Nope, setting it read only doesn't work. It remains read only until any kind of luna, java, or phone restart, then Linux sudo permissions kick in and give it the boot. It's a security thing. The code I changed works just fine, it's the changes HP has made under the hood (in regards to removing the media sync mode) that I can't see, and won't be able to find since it's compiled, that's causing these problems (playlists / erasing iPod_Control folder).

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $only$ $hope$ $is$ $to$ $wait$ $for$ $HP$ $to$ $release$ $an$ $update$ $that$ $will$ $enable$ $media$ $sync$ $again$ ($which$, $if$ $I$ $remember$ $correctly$, $they$ $already$ $said$ $will$ $happen$).